BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hybrid bus market share

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DE60LF

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Hybrid bus market share Reply with quote

I was wondering, what are the current market shares of diesel-electric hybrid buses by manufacturer in North America?

I am pretty sure that Gillig probably has most of the market share for hybrids with smaller TAs. New Flyer and Orion would probably have more market share with the larger TAs and the TAs north of the border.

I know that New Flyer has ABQ RIDE and King County Metro Transit on their side in the U.S., as well as several others. NYCT and TTC are the two largest customers for the Orion VII HEV.

Citizens Area Transit is launching the first production NABI hybrids. NABI did produce a 60-BRT hybrid demo bus, however, it has not yet gone into full production as NABI has yet to recieve any orders for it. CAT's new NABI hybrids are 40-LFW Special Editions.

So, does anyone have any data on this?
CAT218

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAT also has 30 hybrid New Flyers.
DE60LF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAT218 wrote:
CAT also has 30 hybrid New Flyers.

I knew they have some DE41LFRs, I didn't know how many though. Thanks for the input.

I think all 58 of ABQ RIDE's New Flyer DE40LFR (700 series) buses have been delivered now. ABQ RIDE also has 18 DE60LFs (not LFRs though), with twelve delivered in 2004 (6400 series) and six delivered in early 2007 (6600 series).

ABQ RIDE New Flyer DE40LFR:

Rapid Ride New Flyer DE60LF (6400 series shown):
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: