BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'My Favorite Buses'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: 'My Favorite Buses' Reply with quote

Through the years, I've had my favorite buses including most of GM's 'Old Looks', 'New Looks', 'Classics' and even the unconventional 'RTS's', and I liked them because they each had their own characters and personalities (at least enough to tell one from another!).

Today, however, it's a different story what with everything looking much like rolling boxes and most not even displaying their maker's names anywhere on their bodies.

But, there is one series of new buses operating here in Los Angeles that has caught my eye and that would be the NABI 45C LFW which first came on the scene in 2004.

There are 100 of them numbered between 8000 and 8099 painted in LACMTA's deep red 'Metro Rapid' colors (as seen below) and fueled with compressed natural gas.

I like them because their more sculptured bodies give them a little of that same character and personality that made their ancestors so interesting!

Please excuse the size of the picture but it can be seen enlarged at 'Fleet of the LACMTA' at Wikipedia.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: