BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings and hello.Q65a and people with MTA inside info PLS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Greetings and hello.Q65a and people with MTA inside info PLS Reply with quote

Regarding bus layover in NYC, 24 and 23rd streets on 5th avenue near Madison square park were open bus layover for franchised buses and whatever else company needed to park there.

The MTA in their laimbrain idea decided to eliminate about 15 or so spots for buses in this area. I won't say here how I really feel, but why on earth did they do this? Furthermore before these JACK**** took these buslayover areas away, did they think FOR A SECOND as to where the hell they were going to create 15 stinking bus parking spots somewhere else?

We hear them saying all the time TAKE MASS TRANSIT...TAKE MASS TRANSIT. Ok fine..where would you Mr. MTA like us to PARK OUR BUSES!!!?????

Seems everything they do with a single stroke of a pen turns into a disaster.

MTA MORE TROUBLE AHEAD!!!!
JA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYCDOT probably did it. They control layover areas.
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL! then it is the DOT is completely devoid of any brain matter! Very Happy

Funny, I was talking with my friend from NYBS tonight about that whole area there, and he has 29 years in NYB, and he thought it was totally brainless.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's unbelievable - buses have been laying over at that park since time immemorial and not bothering a sole doing so!

I wonder what 'empty suit' came up with this idiotic idea anyway?

In my mind, the question is not as much where the buses will sit now but what they will use those empty spaces for?

Certainly not as additional meters for cars - can you imagine how many drivers will be killed trying to negotiate that crisscross to get to their parking spaces?

Just another prime example of the inmates running the asylum!

Why don't people just leave things alone already?

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I borrowed the picture below (I hope The Port doesn't mind) to illustrate the fact that the buses parked along the park bothered nobody and actually formed an additional protection for dog walkers and bicyclists on the sidewalk.

While we're at it though I have to say that the Classics looked at their very best wearing the New York Bus Service livery - I always admired them!

Mr.Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. L..simply very well put. It's really that old adage..if it ain't broke...etc etc

It just burns the crap out of me that YEP! I GOTTA BETTER IDEA. NYC officials always have a better idea. Bums. Pardon the way I'm going to put this, but a stuffed white shirt sitting on the crapper came up with that idea one morning.

Totally, unequivocally (sp) thoroughly brainless. To take away two blocks worth of bus layover. It absolutely burns me up. Brain dead.

By the way Mr. L.. I hope you saw my post below this one I suppose, I am taking delivery of 1631! She's all mine, and my wifes' as well.

Ken
Mr RT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buses from College Point depot, i.e. QM-1, -2, -3, -4 used to layover on side streets near 34th.

Yesterday found one on 6th Ave & 34th ... he was 20 min early for his trip. A collegue & I waited for our bus there vs. the cold street.
Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,

Congratulations on 1631 - I am jealous!

I guess I could pick up one from Santa Monica Municipal when they are ready to go (and they're all still like brand new).

But if I brought something like that home not only would my wife throw me out altogether but the neighbors would shoot me! (that's a problem living in relative affluence!).

I've often said that I'd like to move to the desert and find myself a large garage with a house attached!

Anyway, it's good to know that # 1631 will be in the best hands!

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mr. RT...I can take my bus to those locations too If I'm in a jam..

Mr. L....Under the signs that say "Bus Layover..No idling $2000 fine" They removed the little signs under that big one that used to say "Franchised buses only" and replaced them with "MTA bus only."

K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: