BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My bus models

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: My bus models Reply with quote

I haven't taken pictures of my collection per se, but most of it showed up in this photo:

Not pictures are a CTA Orion V, undecorated Orion V, Chicago Surface Lines PCC, 3 Greyhound Scenicruisers, a tin Greyhound MC-5, Busch Fishbowl (green & silver), Hot Wheels RTS-03 school bus, and a couple of Matchbox double deckers.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,

The cutie pie in the center of the picture takes the cake (and it looks like it's all over the tray too)! just another phase that we all went through that makes them even more lovable!

Good well rounded start on the model collection - keep them coming.

Thanks for sharing a memorable photo.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
RailBus63

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot, Mike - thanks for sharing.

Now comes the fun part of finding a few buses for the little guy to play with - I always made sure my son had a few along with the various cars and trucks in his toy box. Trains are easy thanks to the Thomas the Tank Engine toys, but buses can be hit or miss. My son grew up with a couple of Road Champs Flxibles and one of those GM fishbowl buses with the pull-back action that they sell sometimes at the NY Transit Museum. I had a few HO trains displayed when he was little, but I had to put them away when he became a toddler because he kept grabbing them!

Jim
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
Michael,

The cutie pie in the center of the picture takes the cake (and it looks like it's all over the tray too)!

I think it's latke, actually Smile
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
Now comes the fun part of finding a few buses for the little guy to play with - I always made sure my son had a few along with the various cars and trucks in his toy box. Trains are easy thanks to the Thomas the Tank Engine toys, but buses can be hit or miss. My son grew up with a couple of Road Champs Flxibles and one of those GM fishbowl buses with the pull-back action that they sell sometimes at the NY Transit Museum.

Right, I forgot about the Road Champs Flxibles. I have at least a half a dozen of those stashed in the basement; I should give him a couple. I also have a pull-back Fishbowl that I dismantled to paint into RIPTA colors. He's really into trucks and already has a bus-like RV among his toys.

Quote:
I had a few HO trains displayed when he was little, but I had to put them away when he became a toddler because he kept grabbing them!

I started working on a 4'x4' layout, and, as you can see, I'm trying to involve him in the construction process as much as possible.

Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING WARNING WARNING Thomas the Tank Engine toys are off the market at this time due to lead content (and guess where they're made).

It happens that the Thomas sets, which are great and expandable, where among the first toys that I bought for my grandson.

Can you just imagine how much lead we all ate when we were kids? (and we're still around to tell about it!).

I can't say that their blowing this thing out of proportion because they apparently know things now that we didn't know years ago - but you have to wonder! - is it going to turn out that everything is poisonous?

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all Thomas toys are off the market, only a handful of them. I'm staying away from Thomas as long as I can, anyway, simply because the things are so darned expensive.

As far as the lead goes, I think it's getting overblown. I don't think the concentrations are any greater than they have ever been. It's a juicy story for the press (toys are poisoning our children!), and it's especially fueled by xenophobia (the Chinese are poisoning our children!) and jingoism (American toys don't poison our children!). I'm sure any product, regardless of where it's made, could have a "hazardous" level of something in it. If it doesn't, just lower the threshold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> The Bus Modeler All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: