BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Rode 7901!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1988 MCI TC40-102A

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: I Rode 7901! Reply with quote

It was great. I was sitting at 23rd waiting for 7901, when it showed up on the BM1. It took me completely by surprise. Just to be sitting there at the stop and suddenly I see a glowing sign with MANHATTAN EXPRESS when it's intended to be a BM1. It was incredible, like a sight out of my wildest dreams. Not to mention the speed at which it came and the sound of the old 92 as it pulled up. I got on and I told the operator about how the bus used to be a Liberty bus in my neighborhood and I hadn't been on a Liberty Classic in 2 years. I went to the back to record and shot 4 videos. The bus sounded like heaven.

I still can't believe it happened, that a bus that used to run in my neighborhood came back into service and I rode it not to go home from Manhattan to the Bronx, but to go into Brooklyn. It was great.

Now let's be a little more down to earth. The thing I didn't like was that Command buses apparently get very crowded, so I couldn't get my window seat in the back. I couldn't figure out where exactly I was (like streets names) sometimes because the windows were obscured by filled seats/passengers, I had to sit in the center in the back.

Videos will come later.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cyberider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky you! That would be like me going to the bus stop and having a Valley Transit Old Look pull up and I'd be able to enjoy the soft seats and great sounds of the 6-71 / VH combo. Was the BO as enthusiastic as you were about the bus? Looking forward to the videos! Mr. Green
1988 MCI TC40-102A

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for never posting them. Sometimes I forget, very sorry about that. Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtHJn7CsuxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06V0J_JA6HE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRX_d4zvr10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_PfVsHK-Fg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cyberider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll check them out when I'm back at work and have something better than dial-up.
Bill From Maspeth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When at work, so what the boss pays you to do, and stay off the recreational sites such as this one. And they say transit workers are unproductive. Transit workers can't be on this site while they are operating their vehicles!
Cyberider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing At work but before working hours or at lunch. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: