BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[NJ] Buses At EWK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q65A

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: [NJ] Buses At EWK Reply with quote

I was in Terminal B at Newark Liberty Int'l. Airport (EWK) this past Saturday to pick up my brother-in-law. Unfortunately, there was a mnor gas leak detected in the Terminal B concourse at about 11:00 AM, and the building was evacuated while the PAPD, Newark Fire Department, and other officials searched for the source of the escaping gas. While waiting at the cab stand, I had the opportunity to engage in some bus watching.
As at most airports, EWK has its own native bus population. PANYNJ runs a fleet of new Orion VII diesels and HEV's in a nice blue livery. I also spotted what appeared to be a 30' Thomas SLF in shuttle service. All the Orion LF's are kept busy in shuttle service connecting Terminals A, B, and C with Economy Parking Lots P6 & P7. Only last summer, you could see Nova LFS's working that service, and not long prior to that one could see NF C40LF's as well. There also were lots of RTS's in very plain white livery (looking much like the undecorated RTS bus banks sold by Royal Coach and other vendors), some with "porkchop" panels and some without. These also work the parking lot shuttles, but hoisting heavy luggage aboard one of these units likely is no picnic, even with the kneeler dropped. I even spotted a plain white 40' Gillig Phantom operating as a shuttle for a local Howard Johnson's Hotel. NJ Transit still runs Flxible Metros on their #62, although Nova RTS-06's can be seen as well. Of course, MCI D units are common, and a few MCI J's could be seen in Coach USA livery. My bus watching ended when the terminal was reopened, and things got back to normal. One of the nice things about being a bus and truck fan is that you can watch these vehicles anywhere, at just about any time, even when you're in the middle of doing something else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: