BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The official hidden buses in movies thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once - Several Volvo Olympians and one MAN double-decker passing by in background scenes, and two scenes aboard buses (model unknown), including Glen Hansard's performance of "Broken Hearted Hoover Fixer Sucker Guy."
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can we overlook FORREST GUMP especially the scene in Washington during a hippie demonstration where he meets up with Jenny. Great to see a JBL Flx New Look, non A/C in the background along with several other buses.
The Don of All Buses

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
How can we overlook FORREST GUMP especially the scene in Washington during a hippie demonstration where he meets up with Jenny. Great to see a JBL Flx New Look, non A/C in the background along with several other buses.

What about when Forest was sitting at the bus stop talking to sme person? I believe I saw a Gillig Phantom pull up to the bus stop.
THE HAT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: i was watching The Preacher's Wife a while back, and i saw w Reply with quote

I lived down the street from the church the movie,[i was watching The Preacher's Wife a while back, and i saw wat looked to me a Houston Metro Flxible Metro rollin by in tha reflection of the Yonkers Police station window glass. What i dont get is that the movie took place in Yonkers, but i didnt see not 1 Beeline bus at all, but i saw the bus stops.] all buses were re routed around the filiming. The reflection you saw was aNJ transit bus, some of the filming was in jersey.[/quote]
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

27 Dresses -- This new movie has a two-or-three second clip that appeared to be Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, with a new Orion hybrid headed for the camera. The destination sign was clear, but my memory did not hold the info. I think I first spotted the street sign, "Bedford Avenue."
Otherwise, the film implies that that only transportation in NYC is the taxi. Yet, none of them seem to carry the new logo of NYC Taxi.
Somebody more alert will have to confirm all this.
RailBus63

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Good Shepherd (2007) has multiple exterior and interior scenes of Matt Damon's character riding a GMC Old Look bus to work in Washington D.C. If I remember correctly, the buses were lettered for AB&W Lines (Metrobus predecessor Alexandria, Barcroft & Washington) - I meant to go back and write down a few notes but didn't have the chance before I had to return the DVD.

As for the movie, I liked it but it's pretty long and jumps back and forth. It's not for everyone. Solid acting by Damon, John Turturro, Alec Baldwin, William Hurt and others, Angelina Jolie does her best with a smaller role, and there are some interesting cameos by Robert Deniro, Joe Pesci and others.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Trading Places again tonight probably for the second or third time - it's that good!

Released by Paramount in 1983 and nominated for an Academy Award for best comedy, the film tells the story of two multi billionaire brothers played by seasoned actors Don Amechy and Ralph Bellamy who have made their fortunes in commodities trading and who have nothing better to do than make ridiculous bets with each other that often play havoc with peoples lives.

In this, their final wager in which they wind up behind the eight ball, one bets the other $1 that he could arrange to turn their star broker (played by Dan Aykroyd) into a stimblebum wanted by the police and, at the same time, replace him with a streetwise homeless (played by Eddie Murphy).

The production, filmed mostly on location in Philadelphia, featured one scene with great interior and exterior shots of a Flxible New Look in very colorful 'SEPTRA' livery.

Well worth seeing for both the bus and the extremely amusing story.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Michael Moore's Sicko last night. Several great street scenes with red low-floor and double decker TfL buses in the London scenes.
Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just caught Catch Me If You Can - a 2002 Dream Works release directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Hanks as a frustrated FBI agent and Leonardo DiCaprio as a teen age master forger.

The film is a true story about Frank Abagnale Jr. who, before his 19th birthday, successfully passed millions of dollars of worthless checks while pretending to be a Pan Am pilot, a doctor, and a legal prosecutor (I think the name of the film should have been 'The Great Pretender!).

I won't give away the very surprising ending in case you haven't seen the picture yet except to say that it was very interesting and you'll enjoy it!

Now to get down to business; much of the picture takes place around 1960 and there are a couple of good distant shots of a PD 4104 and a really good prolonged take on an A/C'd 5300 New Look (livery unknown) - the period cars were great too.

I must say though that both the script writer and the property master must have been in comas; in one scene circa 1960 Tom Hank's character mentions the Chase Manhattan Bank - guess what! The Bank of the Manhattan Company and Chase National were not related in 1960!

In another scene circa the same time frame Hanks is shown holding a 'modular' telephone receiver to his ear - guess what! modulars made their debut in 1974!

Still and all, it was good entertainment!

Newkirk Plaza David

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but the time period was a bit off when one of the museum buses was parked outside Brooklyn Borough hall, using the 1970's red and blue destination signs.
Waynejay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mercurygrandmarquis1 wrote:
Newkirk Plaza David wrote:
How about another Paul Newman movie?

Fort Apache, The Bronx (1981) As the angry crowd demostrates outside the 41st Precinct, we see a Flixible on the Bx55 route.

great movie you forgot the part when they commandeer a bus and the rookie cop goes "ive always wanted to be a bus driver"

IIRC, I think that new look Flxible was one of 5 MABSTOA had in that '77 group that had 8-cylinder engines (9160-9164)
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
I saw Trading Places again tonight probably for the second or third time - it's that good!

Released by Paramount in 1983 and nominated for an Academy Award for best comedy, the film tells the story of two multi billionaire brothers played by seasoned actors Don Amechy and Ralph Bellamy who have made their fortunes in commodities trading and who have nothing better to do than make ridiculous bets with each other that often play havoc with peoples lives.

In this, their final wager in which they wind up behind the eight ball, one bets the other $1 that he could arrange to turn their star broker (played by Dan Aykroyd) into a stimblebum wanted by the police and, at the same time, replace him with a streetwise homeless (played by Eddie Murphy).

The production, filmed mostly on location in Philadelphia, featured one scene with great interior and exterior shots of a Flxible New Look in very colorful 'SEPTRA' livery.

Not to mention seeing Jaime Lee Curtis bare-chested Razz
Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being an ardent Seinfeld fan, I notice that in the stock footage they use outside the 'Restaurant' that the main characters frequent, a rare Queens Transit AM General runs by.

Probably one of the 10 1978 9640B-6's that they bought numbered from 401 to 410.

This bus invariably appears in every episode.

# 404 shown thanks to BusTalk Galleries (and there's a 1 in 10 chance that # 404 is the one in the clip!).

Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
Mr. Linsky wrote:

Frankly, she doesn't have the face for it!

Reminds me a of picture her father 'Bernie Schwartz' once did where he looked better in drag!

For those unfamiliar, Bernie Schwartz and Tony Curtis (from the Bronx) are one and the same.

Mr. 'L'
RailBus63

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
Hart Bus wrote:

Frankly, she doesn't have the face for it!

I've seen that movie a few times, and somehow I've never looked at her face during that scene ... Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Buses in Pop Culture All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: