BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Santa Monica fishbowl sighting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Port of Authority

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Santa Monica fishbowl sighting Reply with quote

Cross-posted from BusChat.

A few hours ago I was driving south on Vista Del Mar in El Segundo, when I spotted a blue fishbowl in one of the beach parking lots. It appeared to be the same color of blue as the rest of Santa Monica's buses, but I couldn't see any markings.

About a mile or so farther down the road, I turned around and drove back north in hope of seeing the fishbowl again. I didn't see it, but I passed a Flxible New Look on the way back. The upper half of this bus seemed to be colored white, the bottom panels had coloring (but I couldn't tell what color it was as it was rather dark) and it had no markings whatsoever.

Anyone know who these buses belong to and what they were doing in the parking lot? Was there some kind of bus event that I missed? Thanks in advance.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P of A,

That fishbowl possibly belongs to Scott Richards of Regional Transit Service in Riverside and might have been involved in a movie shoot at the time you saw it.

Regional Transit http://rtsbuses.googlepages.com/home has now become the nations largest supplier of buses to the film industry.

Santa Monica Municipal Bus Line (The Big Blue Bus) does have a preserved 5300 but it is fully lettered.

There have been a number of films that have depicted Santa Monica equipment.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
MOVIEBUSES

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buses actually belong to All City Lines. Frank Gonzales is the owner and has shuttle and charter service. When Regional Transit buses are out on shuttles or charters, it is done as a lease thru ACL. This is how my buses are used in regular service at Hollywood Bowl, Raging Waters, The Roadium and a few other places. We have worked together for years and he is my supplier of road type buses.

Frank has a neat assortment of buses and he is a bus fan. He owns a ex SCRTD TDH 5301, bus 5467, quite a few ex SMMBL, Torrance and LAMTA transits along with everything from MC-9 to a few new MCI's he just bought.

Frank does not have a website but I have pictures of everything he owns. I have no clue as to how to add pictures to these post so if anyone is interested, I will be glad to send them in email and they can post them on here
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no attachment feature on the message board (it's an add-on that I haven't gotten around to installing yet). In the meantime, you can post photos in the Gallery and link to them here with HTML or UBB tags.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: