BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hicksville: cyclist fatality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Hicksville: cyclist fatality Reply with quote

Newsday is reporting that on Friday afternoon, October 12, 2007, a bus making a right turn in Hicksville killed a bicyclist. No location is given. Would anyone know the location and route? Thanks.
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, an N79 was turning from southbound Newbridge Road onto westbound Old Country Road when it and the cyclist collided.
Pineywoodsbus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to be the bad guy but some of these ppl on bicycles ride in ways that put them in risk. They often dart out in front of buses, it's a big problem in that area. I've almost been run over by some of these guys, they ride on the sidewalk on the wrong side of the road with reckless abandon, even when pedestrians around.
I don't know the full story but I was just talking with a driver last week while on the N22 going through New Cassel on Prospect, observing how these guys on bikes jump out into the road without looking first.
Most of all I feel sorry for the driver, who had to witness it first hand. Now I'm not saying all cyclists are bad, many are very careful and obey the rules, but some of these guys aren't cyclists, but are day laborers and often ignorant of safety (they dont wear helmets either).
pc2871

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the MTA doesn't hang the driver for this fatality. Its bad enough that you have to live this fatality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: