BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metro Apple Express Flxible "New Looks"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flxible bus authority

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Metro Apple Express Flxible "New Looks" Reply with quote

Does anyone know the model designation and build year of the Flxible "New Looks" used by Metro Apple Express ? These buses served Bay Ridge,Brooklyn,and downtown/midtown Manhattan untill about the end of the '90's decade.Were these buses formerly of the Red and Tan Lines ?
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Metro Apple Express Flxible "New Looks" Reply with quote

flxible bus authority wrote:
Does anyone know the model designation and build year of the Flxible "New Looks" used by Metro Apple Express ? These buses served Bay Ridge,Brooklyn,and downtown/midtown Manhattan untill about the end of the '90's decade.Were these buses formerly of the Red and Tan Lines ?

flxible bus authority,

Firstly, I see that you're a new member and I know I speak for all concerned when I take this opportunity to welcome you to the fold - your user name brings back memories of some pretty good buses!

I can't really give you much information except to say that a close friend of mine owns Sunset Industrial Park on the water at twentieth and did for many years lease space to Metro Apple.

I visited the facility a few times during the late eighties and they were heavy into 'New Look' Flxibles that probably came from a number of New York area operators.

As I remember, they had about twenty or so buses at the time and did their basic maintenance procedures in a garage on the property, and they must have had their acquisitions repainted elsewhere because I only remember them in their own reddish livery.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Mr. Linsky
"The Green Hornet"
Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica & Arverne, NY
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flxible bus authority,

Just came across some interesting information for you posted this date by Wayne Jay at Sub Chat regarding Metro Apple Express;

"They were ex-NJTransit buses. They had some 53096-8-1 suburbans and 53102-8-1 one-door transits. These buses were part of the huge Transport of New Jersey Flxible purchase in 1976. While this order was mostly 53102-8-1 transits and 53096-8-1 suburbans, there were also some 45096-6-1 and 35096-6-1 transits".

I think this should answer most of your questions.

Mr. Linsky
"The Green Hornet"
Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica & Arverne, NY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: