BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Say It Ain't So!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelper22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Say It Ain't So! Reply with quote

It's quite depressing to see that the 'real' BTN has gone downhill - BK had a great forum and an equally great gallery. At this point I am happy to hear that there is some way to continue the devotion to transit, even if it is not with the original media that BusTalk.net used.

For those that didn't figure it out yet, I am the one-and-only Michael, dating back from BK's BTN II or I (whichever one used phpBB). I am basically obsessed with computers and NYC transit. My network of sites is one-third dedicated to transit (see http://www.nyceducated.info/), the rest mostly computers.

Anyone who knows me really, really well knows that i am the master of transit recording. I have recorded over two dozen bus trips and segments and clips of about one dozen subway trains. These can be sampled at my site (http://www.nyceducated.info/blog/category/transit/recordings/). They consist of recordings of mostly the Orion VII hybrid-electric bus, along with a few Orion Vs and RTSs. On the subway side, I have of one of the more recent LIRR trains, a few R-32s (on the E), R-132s (on the 2 and 5) and R132As (on the 6). Limited as it may seem, I still made them.

I hope to enjoy the latest iteration of the BusTalk community. We still have the same folks; only in this one it's not BusTalk.net.
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I was counting Dave Pirmann's BusTalk as the first.

I think we need to focus on the fact that we, the members, are a community, not a domain name or a software package. We're going to have most of the same people discussing most of the same information, and we even have a new Members' Gallery in the works. Don't be depressed, just get out there and start rebuilding!
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripta42 wrote:

I think we need to focus on the fact that we, the members, are a community, not a domain name or a software package. We're going to have most of the same people discussing most of the same information, and we even have a new Members' Gallery in the works. Don't be depressed, just get out there and start rebuilding!

Ripta -- I could not agree more. Since what we had in the past is gone, what we have in the future is whats going to matter. If everybody wants to stay together from BusTalk.net by coming to BusTalk III --GREAT. Its like the MTA Bus takeovers -- same employees new management. And for me personally, I'll take this site over the others out there!!!
Pipe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael. Welcome to Bus Talk III. Am glad to see you made it here. "Pipe"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: