BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'JFK Depot' (Rockaway Boulevard Garage)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr RT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green Hornet,
Wasn't Burt Cooper the lawyer of the family ?
BTW, you forgot about Jerry Cooper who was alive & well at takeover time. Along with a couple of brother-in-laws.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr RT wrote:
Mr. Green Hornet,
Wasn't Burt Cooper the lawyer of the family ?
BTW, you forgot about Jerry Cooper who was alive & well at takeover time. Along with a couple of brother-in-laws.

Mr. RT

A quote from an earlier post by me in this forum that you may have overlooked, and which answers your present question;

"Forgive me for eavesdropping on your conversation but I would like to set the record straight regarding a remark made by Mr. RT;

Burton Cooper, son of Bill Cooper, was general counsel to Green Bus Lines for many years.

However, he died on April 15th. 1997 long before the battle between Green Line and the city takeover plan really heated up.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A07E7DD133FF934A25757C0A961958260

Therefore, I would look toward other solicitors as engineers of that scenario!".

BTW; I didn't forget Jerry, I just didn't know that he was a lawyer!

Mr. Linsky
"The Green Hornet"
Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica & Arverne, NY
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if we are going to bring this topic up again-- Mr RT can you please answer my question about the arm twisting. I would really like to know what you meant by that because I'm baffled.
Mr RT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Hornet,
Regarding, Burt Cooper, sorry I must have read your comment too fast & missed you comment that he was the lawer.
Regarding Jerry Cooper, he isn't a lawyer, he was the Cooper at the family bus business & worked out of Jamaica Bus Lines.

GBL Rebel,
I will leave the explaination of how much employees were encouraged into contributing to someone who was at one of the Cooper Companies.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr RT wrote:

GBL Rebel,
I will leave the explaination of how much employees were encouraged into contributing to someone who was at one of the Cooper Companies.

Okay, so then I'll let it stand that this was the Section 13C fight for the protection of the non-union employees jobs. So then what my family members said to me was right and you have nothing to add different. And I heard all about the guy from Triboro fired for speaking his mind from many people-- and theres more to the story then you posted.

Do me and the rest of the board a favor-- Next time if its a big secert don't say anything. I don't think anybody here wants to speculate just to get I won't tell what I mean. Not trying to be mean but-- you started it, finish it!!!!
Mr RT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL Rebel,
If most non-union employees in the Cooper companies were on payroll deduction to give money to the lawyer ... that doesn't make it much of a secret ! Mr. Cooper claimed he kicked in the first $2M toward this effort.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr RT--

Your talking about the if you want to donate thing. If it makes you feel better my family did not hand over money. And there was no arm twisting as you have suggested-- it was a choice. The people who said NO did not get treated any different then before. And what about the part where Jerry walked out of the meeting because his presence would be a conflict of interest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: