BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FACCo./ST buses in "NEW YORK SUBWAYS" calendar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: FACCo./ST buses in "NEW YORK SUBWAYS" calendar Reply with quote

All:

Just received my 2019 ("Newkirk Images" subway calendar.....WOW!!!!! Shocked Shocked

Mr. Newkirk MORE than gives you your money's worth!! (as usual!)

For bus fans, March features a shot taken at the Fordham Rd (3rd Avenue el) station in 1956; two ST Old Looks are seen in the gloom under the elevated tracks.

In April, we see an IRT train of R-22's approaching the 125th St. station on the 7th Avenue line; on the street below, we see a FACCo. New Look heading in one direction, and a square-window Old Look heading in the opposite direction.

This classic photo dates to 1962; the many 1950's-era autos in this picture will surely make any vintage car buff drool (and, also, make you feel quite OLD if you recall such vehicles on the streets....like yours truly!)

Just wanted to give a "heads up" on this.... Wink

"NYO"

Last edited by NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidently, the 1962 photo I mentioned (with the two FACCo. buses under the IRT el) is the first photo I have ever seen of a FACCo. Fishbowl in COLOR!

Sure would not mind seeing more....... Very Happy

"NYO"
W.B. Fishbowl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629 wrote:
Incidently, the 1962 photo I mentioned (with the two FACCo. buses under the IRT el) is the first photo I have ever seen of a FACCo. Fishbowl in COLOR!

You sure the "New Look" in question was a FACL? It may've been a Surface Transit bus in the 3161-3220 range (if it was going across 125th, then it might've been Bx-29, ergo an ST Fishbowl) - and both sets of buses (FACL and ST) had the same green and cream color scheme and layout. Technicalities aside, I'm with you there . . .
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W.B. Fishbowl wrote:
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629 wrote:

You sure the "New Look" in question was a FACL? It may've been a Surface Transit bus in the 3161-3220 range (if it was going across 125th, then it might've been Bx-29, ergo an ST Fishbowl) - and both sets of buses (FACL and ST) had the same green and cream color scheme and layout. Technicalities aside, I'm with you there . . .

W.B.:

According to the caption for the photo: ".......the transit buses pictured are from the Fifth Avenue Coach Lines. Fifth Avenue Coach lines was taken over by the City in 1962, and emerged as the Manhattan & Bronx Surface Operating Authority......."

The IRT train overhead on the el (R-22's) were signed for the "1 BROADWAY" line.....

"NYO"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: