BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SERVICE CHANGES Q65A, Q65, Q25/34

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawk Operator 10
Deceased

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: SERVICE CHANGES Q65A, Q65, Q25/34 Reply with quote

Sorry Q65A, Shocked Sad but the route number is going to be obsolete 9/2/07. The Q65a is to be renumbered Confused Q64. The Q65 Idea will have Limited service and the Q25/34 is being increased in service.

This information was seen posted in the run board area at College Point Depot on a visit there today.
Q65A

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hawk!
My namesake route number was first used in November 1951 when Queens-Nassau Transit first received its franchise.
Much as NYCT did years ago, MTAB now is avoiding the use of alphabetical route suffixes.
smokiecat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: MTA Committee Agenda July 2007 Reply with quote

I posted this info,on
the Agenda site

:wink:

steve
petabread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hawk,

Is there anyway of knowing if the midday schedule will be changed at all for the Q65? It's so dreadful the way it is now.
JA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk!

Good to see that you're still around.
Mr RT

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been busy reading all the new rules & regulations Smile
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

I guess your new handle will now be 'Q64'!

I'm going to miss the old 'Q65A'.

Let me know when your official I.D. changes!

Mr. 'L'
"The Blue Hornet"
MTA Bus, JFK Depot, Jamaica, New York
Q65A

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll remain known as Q65A, in memory of that good old Queens Transit Corp. bus route that got me started as a bus lover Smile
Sometimes when I couldn't sleep at night many years ago, I'd hear the sound of a straight-6 Detroit in a QTC TDH-5106 as it worked up the hill on Jewel Avenue from 161 Street to Parsons Blvd. Just knowing that even in the "wee small hours of the morning" someone was on the job getting early risers to work (or late partygoers back home) was a comforting thought (which usually put me back to sleep).
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q65A wrote:
I think I'll remain known as Q65A, in memory of that good old Queens Transit Corp. bus route that got me started as a bus lover Smile
Sometimes when I couldn't sleep at night many years ago, I'd hear the sound of a straight-6 Detroit in a QTC TDH-5106 as it worked up the hill on Jewel Avenue from 161 Street to Parsons Blvd. Just knowing that even in the "wee small hours of the morning" someone was on the job getting early risers to work (or late partygoers back home) was a comforting thought (which usually put me back to sleep).

Bob,

I know what you mean - just keep that Q65A alive and kicking for us! My memory will be of the lay overs at the Ridgewood Savings Bank at Queens Boulevard and 108th. street - they were always so colorful standing there in the bright sunlight!

A question; what Queens/Nassau (and that's what it was in my time) line terminated at (I think) Parsons Boulevard and Hillside Avenue in Jamaica?

I remember the Twin Coaches and 5104's coming down the steep hill and discharging passengers at the subway station.

Mr. Linsky
"THe Green Hornet"
Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
Q65A

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The intersection of Parsons Blvd. & Hillside Ave. was served by 2 QTC routes: Q25/34 and Q65. I'm not sure if they terminated there; when I had used those routes many years ago, they both had stands at 160th St. & Jamaica Ave., beneath the BMT el station at that location. Today, they both tie up on Archer Ave. (which when I was a kid was strictly GBL territory).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: