BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MTA Depot Roster Website

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q65A

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: MTA Depot Roster Website Reply with quote

I always liked TTMG's MTA depot rosters but now it seems they no longer present these (although the pix are still great at TTMG).
Here's the new site that captures the latest info:https://sites.google.com/site/nycbuses/
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url] https://sites.google.com/site/nycbuses/ [/url]
frankie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great source of information. Thanks for the website.

I was surprised of how much influence Daimler and Volvo has on the American bus scene. With such a stronghold on the bus industry, it wouldn't surprise me to see more and more oversea takeovers in the not to distance future.

Does anyone know if Volvo is using their own engines on those buses? I know in the heavy truck industry, only Volvo diesels are used with other makes no longer an option.

Frankie
Q65A

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prevost X3-45 cruisers use Volvo D13 SCR engines.
The Nova LFS's use Cummins engines.
You are right on the money, Frankie: Volvo is a major global bus manufacturer and I definitely would expect them to keep expanding their market share in North America.
Acquiring Nova Bus and Prevost Car was smart thinking on their part, as they bought 2 established bus builders instead of trying to market their own brand.
That they opened a final assembly plant at Plattsburgh NY also was smart thinking as they are now a "Buy New York" supplier as well as a "Buy US" supplier (much as Orion had been).
traildriver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since ABC Bus has managed to significantly expand Van Hool's market share of the coach business, I wonder why they don't try doing the same with Van Hool's transit buses?
traildriver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that surprised me....Our last few years of Prevost H3-45's came with Volvo engines with Volvo I-Drive transmissions. We just received four new 2016 models, and they came with Volvo engines, but Allison transmissions....

We have had just about everything (except a manual) in our H3-45's dating back to the mid-nineties....first Allison's, then Eaton-Fuller semi-automatic's (with a clutch pedal), then ZF's, then I-Drive's, and now come full circle, Allison's.... Smile
Q65A

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighbor is a mechanic who owns an auto repair business.
His business has 2 Freightliner Business Class M2 flatbeds and one of his personal vehicles is Chevy 3500 dualie pickup. He is an Allison devotee because he feels they are truly bulletproof.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: