BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2016 DOB Bus Roadeo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Hot Topics & Current Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q65A

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: 2016 DOB Bus Roadeo Reply with quote

I saw on another bus site that the 2016 DOB Roadeo will be held at Citi Field on July 16th & 17th.
Can someone please confirm if this is true?
GojiMet86

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it will be held at Citi Field from 0700 to 1700 (7AM to 5PM).
Q65A

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help!
Q65A

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "attended" the Roadeo last Sunday, but unfortunately I was not permitted by MTA Security at the gate to enter the actual roadeo grounds, since I'm not an MTA employee or retiree or family member. I had attended both DOB and MTAB roadeos in previous years (probably a total of 5 or 6 in all) and had no problem entering the grounds, observing modern and vintage buses and watching the actual driving skills competition. One big difference this time is the venue, which may be why entrance was tightly controlled last weekend: this year's roadeo was on MTA property. It actually was not in Citi Field proper (which is on the north side of Roosevelt Ave.) but rather in the fenced parking lot on the south side of Roosevelt Ave., immediately to the west of CS Depot and Corona Yard. The MTA Security folks were very polite and professional, and of course, they were just doing their jobs. t(Other roadeos I had previously attended were in public venues such as Floyd Bennett Field and Belmont Park.) Still I legally was able to observe the roadeo from public property. Of course there were maybe 6 or 7 historical buses (NYCT 8466, QTC 275, JBI 3865 stood out). Lots of NF Xcelsiors were in use as roadeo buses. Also an NF XD60 and some Nova LFS's. One thing that gave me pause to reflect a bit: I saw only a couple of RTS's and only 1 Orion V diesel (painted light blue and decorated with a lot of depot logos, with the slogan "Back In The Saddle"). High floor buses really are going the way of the New Looks they replaced. Day was quite hot, so I went to visit the nearby Queens Museum and Flushing Meadow Park. All in all, not a bad day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Hot Topics & Current Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: