BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PANYNJ New Flyer D40LF questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GojiMet86

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: PANYNJ New Flyer D40LF questions Reply with quote

I have a couple of questions regarding the first low-floor buses of New York, which were numbered #1-40 and #53-60:

1) Is there a list that contains the fleet number that corresponds to the VIN number? I am aware that there is a list (link attached) that has the VIN number range for these buses, but I cannot find specific VIN numbers for each bus. For example, while the VIN ranges from MU014251 to MU014290, I do not know what bus is supposed to be, let's say, MU014252 or MU014272. It does not always happen that the VIN and roster numbers match up consequentially.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/TORONTO/builders/nfilist.html

2) Which buses were renumbered into triple digits? I have seen photos of PANYNJ buses numbered in the one hundreds, so I am assuming some of the original buses were renumbered.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the buses at JFK were the 1-40 group turned into the 3 digit numbers. LGA had only a few buses, and i know nothing in regards to Newark.
GojiMet86

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I don't think those Newark buses survive anyway. I wonder why, though, the Orion VII were numbered differently (in the 4000 range) than the LGA and JFK ones (all in the 700 range).
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I can tell you is 101 became practice equipment for PAPD. It was by the fire training area along Rockaway Blvd. for a few years. They did not burn the bus, but it did not have any windows.
GojiMet86

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if it is still there.

The last time I saw those buses in the old PANYNJ was around late 2012/early 2013, when my Rockaway A train shuttle bus passed by a building on the Conduit.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you 101 is not in that spot anymore. Don't know if it was more or disposed of. This bus was in the old paint scheme and would have been part of the batch pulled out of service when the Orion VII's showed up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: