BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bus Pics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q101 EAST MIDTOWN 2 AV

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Bus Pics Reply with quote

Does anyone have pics of...

Flxible Grummans used by...

Montgomery & Westside

Broadway IBOA

Bergen Av IBOA

Academy

RTS used by...

L & G IBOA

E & G Transportation

Academy

Haley's Express (other than the one @ NIMCO)

MCIs used by...

Rockland Coaches

ShortLine

Academy

TransportAzumah

Monroe Bus Service

VanHools used by...

TransportAzumah

Fung Wah Bus

Orion 5.501s used by...

Private Transportation

Thank you. I apologize if I'm asking too much
nycbusfan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres some Shortline and Rockland Coaches MCI's.

shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where the Shortline buses taken at our 39th street lot?

Nice pix by the way..The 703xx are very luxurious coaches, having bathrooms, CD, DVD and radios, ten speed semi automatic transmissions, mostly used for the Long Island runs, Binghamton, Monticello, and Cornell Ithaca and much further west.
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Current Shortline Roster Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can get a current Shortline Roster? I need to do an update for my New York State Bus Lines book's Shortline listing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q101 EMT2,

You can count one Fung Wah Coach out of the picture that collided with a truck in downtown Manhattan the other day (see photo below).

Info; A commercial dump truck crashed into a Fung Wah bus, sending part of it onto the sidewalk and into a storefront on the Bowery. A 57-year-old woman was killed. (Photo: Annie Tritt for The New York Times)

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Current Shortline Roster Reply with quote

Dieseljim wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a current Shortline Roster? I need to do an update for my New York State Bus Lines book's Shortline listing.

Do you need a list of bus numbers? I'll give you what I can w/o getting into trouble..

btw..where the heck is Perry, NY LOL
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
Q101 EMT2,

You can count one Fung Wah Coach out of the picture that collided with a truck in downtown Manhattan the other day (see photo below).

Info; A commercial dump truck crashed into a Fung Wah bus, sending part of it onto the sidewalk and into a storefront on the Bowery. A 57-year-old woman was killed. (Photo: Annie Tritt for The New York Times)

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

Sheesh.. you can just about count on chung wah for bus accidents..I can hardly count the amount of buses that they flip going around turns. Forgive me if I offend anyone, but do you know how god damn hard it is to flip a bus? A coach bus that is.

You can't blame it on the driver this time...he did get rear ended.
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Current Shortline Roster Reply with quote

Bus numbers to go with makes and models would be great. Perry,NY is 40-45 miles south west of Rochester,NY, 50 miles east of Buffalo and located near beautiful Letchworth State Park-Grand Canyon of the East. I am just minutes away from Interstae 390 which connects Rochester with New York's Southern Tier. I have most of the GMC's Shortline once operated accounted for. Thanks so much, this is most appreciated.
shortlineMCI wrote:
Dieseljim wrote:

Do you need a list of bus numbers? I'll give you what I can w/o getting into trouble..

btw..where the heck is Perry, NY LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated....

The "70" (7 Zero, or 7 oh) is strickly out of our Mahwah Depot

70901 - 70904 (I have to look at the plate on the step well for the model numbers for these. These are quite old even though they look like a run of the mill MCI cruiser from the outside.

70801,02,03,05,06. (70804 ran into a bridge pylon on RT 17 SB in Lodi, NJ) The second seat behind the driver was hanging out from the front of the bus. They had to look for the driver. He survived this. These are our Non-Lav buses (102-DL3)

70271 - 70276. (Rockland county purchased buses) (276 is the only one from our 200 series buses to have the "Darth Vader" tail lights. (D4500)

70401 - 70405 (Orange county purchased buses.) (D4500)

70410 - 70424 (Orange county purchased buses) I think there is a 70425, though I have to check on that. (D4500)

70928, 70929, 70930, 70931

70770, 70771

70901 - 70905

70978 - 70989

70910 - 70927

I would like to get into the "300" series buses that which are shown in the pix above. Like I mentioned above, the "70" is strickly a Mahwah bus, they needed more of them so the 723xx are originally Chenango Valley buses, are now Mahwah buses, but retained the 72xxx numbers.

Now however being these are special buses (10 speed semi automatic Allison transmissions, CD, DVD Players, fully carpeted interiors..point is these are very long haul buses with close to 1000 mile cruising ranges and they put these buses litterally all up and down RT 17 from NYC to Alfred, NY, so all that said it might be difficult to obtain that series. I checked in the stepwell and the plate did say D4500 as well

Next up are our PA NJT owned buses.

They are transit buses very much akin to the new MTA, MCI Cruiser

8793 8794 8795, 8796, 8797, 8798, 8799, 8800, 8801, 8802, 8803 8804, 8805. Higher than that are probably Suburban (Out of Coach USA's Elizabeth Depot)

Lower than 8793 are most likely A Rockland Coaches bus.

Hope this helped you out if not a little bit. I will get the model numbers for you as I see the buses. Shortline does have 8 seperate remote garages so it might be a slow go.

Take care, and Regards..

Ken (please.. Call me Ken)
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Shortline Buses Reply with quote

Thanks, Ken: I noticed that on Shortline timetables, a photo of what appears to be a Van Hool coach is shown. Does Shortline use those and Prevosts, too, or is Shortline strictly an MCI operation?
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Shortline Depots Reply with quote

Besides Mahwah,Binghamton, and Montgomery, what are the other depots that Shortline has to base its buses at and what are the bus numbers and makes and models? If possible, would like bus numbers of old MCI models once operated, such as MC8,MC9 etc. Thanks.
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Shortline Buses Reply with quote

Dieseljim wrote:
Thanks, Ken: I noticed that on Shortline timetables, a photo of what appears to be a Van Hool coach is shown. Does Shortline use those and Prevosts, too, or is Shortline strictly an MCI operation?

Hey Jim..sorry for the delay in response, I do see that Van Hool on those schedule covers to. I haven't any idea where that Van Hool came from. Shortline is strictly an MCI operation for sure.

Interestingly enough, I am starting to see that the Elizabeth NJ depot is acquiring new Van Hools. That's the Suburban devision.
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Shortline Depots Reply with quote

Dieseljim wrote:
Besides Mahwah,Binghamton, and Montgomery, what are the other depots that Shortline has to base its buses at and what are the bus numbers and makes and models? If possible, would like bus numbers of old MCI models once operated, such as MC8,MC9 etc. Thanks.

The Garages are...Mahwah, Newburgh, Monroe, Chester, Middletown, Montgomery, Kerhonkson, Monticello, Binghamton, Ithaca, and Alfred

Could the numbers that I provided a few posts above help you out? Let me know. Our 400 series buses actually belong in Orange county as they were purchased by them to serve the people of Orange. Rockland county purchased the 200 series buses. the 300, 800, and 900 series buses belong to Mahwah and can be used for anything from long hauls to Woodbury common outlets to weekend Charter assignments, to regular commuter runs.

The 8000 series buses are actually owned by NJT and operated by us. They can go anywhere as well, BUT they are Non-Lavratory buses and do not go further than one hour outside of NYC.

Being I've only been with Shortline for three years and change, the MC7s, 8s 9s and I believe some MCI Crusaders, they were long gone before my arrival. I have a terrific site below that might shed some light on your question courtesy of Chris Sissick..

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/buses_chris_sissick.htm
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Shortline Depots Reply with quote

This information is a big,big help. Thanks so much.
shortlineMCI wrote:
Dieseljim wrote:

The Garages are...Mahwah, Newburgh, Monroe, Chester, Middletown, Montgomery, Kerhonkson, Monticello, Binghamton, Ithaca, and Alfred

Could the numbers that I provided a few posts above help you out? Let me know. Our 400 series buses actually belong in Orange county as they were purchased by them to serve the people of Orange. Rockland county purchased the 200 series buses. the 300, 800, and 900 series buses belong to Mahwah and can be used for anything from long hauls to Woodbury common outlets to weekend Charter assignments, to regular commuter runs.

The 8000 series buses are actually owned by NJT and operated by us. They can go anywhere as well, BUT they are Non-Lavratory buses and do not go further than one hour outside of NYC.

Being I've only been with Shortline for three years and change, the MC7s, 8s 9s and I believe some MCI Crusaders, they were long gone before my arrival. I have a terrific site below that might shed some light on your question courtesy of Chris Sissick..

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/buses_chris_sissick.htm
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime. A lot of fricken garages eh Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: