BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Classic Santa Monica lettering picture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unit2345

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Classic Santa Monica lettering picture Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I made a profile artwork for my TDH-4512 as it was when operated by the Campus Bus Service at Kent State. I'd like to make one showing the bus when it was operated by Santa Monica. I contacted the MBS looking for a picture of this or any other Santa Monica bus showing the lettering on the side but they didn't have much in their collection.

Hopefully this isn't a long shot but does anyone have pictures of their buses that would show the lettering on the side?

TDH-4512 CBS profile (blue gray).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  227.39 KB
 Viewed:  12086 Time(s)

TDH-4512 CBS profile (blue gray).jpg

MaBSTOA 15

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this help??

unit4522.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.58 KB
 Viewed:  12071 Time(s)

unit4522.jpg

MaBSTOA 15

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Or this?

4523 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.88 KB
 Viewed:  12070 Time(s)

4523 (2).jpg

MaBSTOA 15

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, your graphic is GREAT!

Please note that the Santa Monica TDH 4512s did not have ThermoMatic and the front tow eyes were not above the bumper but below. Nor Michigan Marker lights.
Unit2345

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

The color photo would probably be useful but I haven't found it in a resolution high enough to pull useful reference from. Years ago I talked to someone at Big Blue who sent me the first image which I've unfortunately lost in a hard drive failure. It might be worth trying to connect there again and see if they have anything.

I'm not sure of the history of the added front vent. Was it added just to accommodate the marker lamps? Was it regulation requirement in Ohio? Did Kent add them? Santa Monica before the sale?

It also looks like in the color photo that a unit number has been added to the front of the coach above the windows. I was just inside that bus last week getting parts, CBS Unit 2445. I wish I could tell what buses were parked next to it in the picture and see of them is mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: