BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible SCT Bus Routes Eliminated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Possible SCT Bus Routes Eliminated Reply with quote

Hey guys! I've been hearing on NEWS 12 Long Island that Suffolk Transit is looking to cut about 10 bus routes. Does anyone know which routes they are looking to cut? Any on the East End? Thanks in advance.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible SCT Bus Routes Eliminated Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:
Hey guys! I've been hearing on NEWS 12 Long Island that Suffolk Transit is looking to cut about 10 bus routes. Does anyone know which routes they are looking to cut? Any on the East End? Thanks in advance.

None that I've heard of. Heard that they are going to transision some routes to Para Transit buses in an effert to cut cost so as to not cut any routes.

Though if I were to guess the S76, 5A, 7D/E would be likely on the chopping block. (These routes are mentioned for the conversion to Para Transit Buses)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So would assume that the buses that get replaced by the Para Transit vans would be used on other routes OR create extra service?

If that's the case, then the 10A and 10D and 10E COULD be candidates for the Para Transit vans too. Lately, those routes had about 2-4 people on them. Again, that's what I've been seeing so don't quote me. Wink
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:
So would assume that the buses that get replaced by the Para Transit vans would be used on other routes OR create extra service?

If that's the case, then the 10A and 10D and 10E COULD be candidates for the Para Transit vans too. Lately, those routes had about 2-4 people on them. Again, that's what I've been seeing so don't quote me. Wink

No, the buses being replaced would probably serve as spares, the county doesn't seem to have any money for extrea service. Except the buses used on the 7D/E, they would probably be scrapped since they usually only use Orion V's on that route. (Though the Orion V's are up for retirement any way)

The 10A and 10D/E are probably on the list if the amount of people you've seen is correct. I figure this because the 7D/E is said to carry 20 people a day (Not sure how many per run, though I figure it's probably as low as the numbers you seen on the 10A and 10D/E) and it's on the list of a route that could be replaced by Para Transit buses.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: