BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ex-SORTA Phantoms at Lexington, Nashville, Sandusky?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harvestman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Ex-SORTA Phantoms at Lexington, Nashville, Sandusky? Reply with quote

Just a quick call for help here...I have heard various things about former Cincinnati Metro Gillig Phantoms (1996 through 1998 model years) heading down to two different agencies.

Supposedly Lexington, KY purchased four buses, but I cannot find any photos of these or any evidence of them being on a roster. The same goes for Sandusky, OH (and another city in northern Ohio that I can't recall).

I know for a fact that several ex-SORTA buses were pulled out of the retirement line in Cincinnati and sent down to Nashville for flood relief. There are multiple pictures of these buses in action. However, I can't find anything about what happened to them after normal service resumed and replacement buses were purchased.
I heard that they joined the rest of the regular fleet, but again, I can't find them on any roster. I am assuming that they were only used temporarily, but does anyone know what became of them after that?
timecruncher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lextran did get four SORTA Phantoms. I have the fleet numbers written down at my desk. I'll try to post them this week if I don't forget (hey - I'm 65 now and losing brain cells like a Frat brother during spring break!).

timecruncher
Harvestman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timecruncher wrote:
Lextran did get four SORTA Phantoms. I have the fleet numbers written down at my desk. I'll try to post them this week if I don't forget (hey - I'm 65 now and losing brain cells like a Frat brother during spring break!).

timecruncher

Much appreciated. Were they overhauled by MidWest or another such company before heading to Lextran?
Harvestman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a quick addendum - Lextran got #942, #944, and #948, as well as a fourth bus (possibly #940).
Metro's "asterisk" logo is still on these and the destination signs do not work.

#925, #937, and two others will be heading down there at a later date. They were stored in the dead line at Metro's Queensgate garage for a few months but are now in a spare bay inside the garage.
JimmiB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timecruncher wrote:

timecruncher

The brain cells just keep getting worse. I'm 73 and sometimes forget my own name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: