BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S62 buses being detoured in Port Jefferson station

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pineywoodsbus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: S62 buses being detoured in Port Jefferson station Reply with quote

Learned this the hard way along with several other people waiting for the eastbound S62 bus in port jeff sta on rt 112 by the train station. 9:52am bus never came, and no one knew about the reroute, so I just walked over to PJ Plaza and got the next one at 10:52am there.
Due to construction, Hallock rd is closed. The S62 normally uses Hallock ave between Columbia ave and 25A.
I knew about the construction but there was no notice about a detour at the bus stop, on the buses, or at the ST website.
I figured it would go like the 5A and get to 25A via Crystal Brook rd from N.Country. But Crystal Brook rd was also closed between North Country and 25A, so the detour of the S62 is as follows.
Eastbound, normal until Port Jeff Plaza/Chereb lane, then right on Rt.112 (south), and left on Rt.347 to 25A east.
Going west, it's 25A to 347 then right (north on Rt.112)to PJ Plaza Chereb lane than normal.
All stops on Route 112, North Country road, Columbia ave, Hallock ave, are bypassed. In addition, due to heavy traffic due to lane closures north of route 112 and Hallock ave, S62's will be turning into the lot at PJ plaza, so the bus stops along Wilson and Clifton will be bypassed as well.
Construction is between 9am and 3pm.
I personally can't think of a better detour of the S62 bus at this point, there is a street called Vicodoni ave that would lead them out to 25A, but the houses probably dont want a bus goin' down their street, otherwise it would have to use Mt.Sania-Coram rd skipping more stops on 25A.
This is the best reroute, I just wish they would have signs posted so people know. The construction will last all July.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: