BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mr. Linsky, MIA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you also for the additional information. I hope and pray that Mr. L has the care he needs from family and friends should that time comes. Lets hope this has a happy ending.

Frankie
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellows:

I have been away from the board due to my mother's numerous health issues (she is 97); however, I have been thinking about our Mr. "L", and hoping that, when I got back to the board, we would have heard from him, or, even better, had him return to our forum.

I am wishing all the best for this fine, outstanding gentleman, indeed the patriach of BusTalk; I first got the inkling that something was amiss when he stopped posting in my SCENICRUISER thread, and was totally absent from my "World's Fair" thread.

My gut feeling then was something was not right.

His tremdous excellence in bus research and his vast storehouse of historic bus knowledge is a tremdous asset to this board; I certainly hope we hear some good news concerning our fine friend soon.....I am very concerned at present.....

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen:

My sincerest wish is that our good friend Mr. "L" is well and will soon return to the forum.

He is truly the highly-esteemed patriarch of BusTalk, and all of us here are have been truly priveledged to learn so much of bus history from this walking encyclopedia on the motor coach industry of years past.

Let's hope this "MIA" scenario has a happy outcome.....

"NYO"
frankie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the saying goes, "life must go on". While we await for further word on Mr. L, lets continue on with our own postings.

NYO, I enjoyed your Scenicruiser and NYWF threads and hope to see more of your very informative contributions. Its been quite a while since I've read new material from anyone.

Frankie
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankie wrote:
As the saying goes, "life must go on". While we await for further word on Mr. L, lets continue on with our own postings.

NYO, I enjoyed your Scenicruiser and NYWF threads and hope to see more of your very informative contributions. Its been quite a while since I've read new material from anyone.

Frankie

Frankie:

Thank you......always appreciate a kind word or two; as you can see, I'm really into the nostalgia aspect of the bus hobby! Wink

Hopefully, Mr. "L" will rejoin us soon and once again be sharing his tremendous knowlege of the bus world with us.....

'NYO"
Robert Carroll

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So say all of us.God speed Mr.L....
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankie wrote:
Frankie

Here is something to remember- We are/were fortunate to have Mr. Linsky here with us. As Jerry Garcia pointed out to us in a song, "Every silver lining has a touch of gray". Unfortunately, this right now is the gray. Crying or Very sad
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL Rebel wrote:
frankie wrote:
Frankie

Here is something to remember- We are/were fortunate to have Mr. Linsky here with us. As Jerry Garcia pointed out to us in a song, "Every silver lining has a touch of gray". Unfortunately, this right now is the gray. Crying or Very sad

I think we all, as mere mortals, take so much in life for granted.

When Mr. "L" was still active on the board, the furthest thought from my mind was of any serious health issue affecting him........he just seemed the kind of gentleman who would, literally, "go on forever".

Let's all hope that life's ever-fickle compass needle will again swing in a postitive direction, and that our good friend Mr. "L" will once again me in our midst, doing what he does best.....

"NYO"
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmiB wrote:
Thanks for the additional information. Didn't realize there were two Brentwoods. Mr. L had mentioned at one time about living near O.J.
My prayers also that this turns out well.

I never realized, either, and I assumed he lived in the Los Angeles neighborhood because that was the only one I knew of. Then I went to San Francisco a few years ago, saw Brentwood on the map, and thought that must be where he lives because he signs off with "Brentwood, CA." I thought I'd actually have a chance at meeting him in person, but it turned out I had been right the first time Smile.

Checking other boards was no help; he last logged in to CPTDB on January 11 and hasn't posted on either IMCDB or the GMOldLook Yahoo group since 2013. Let's hope it's just a case of his new ladyfriend taking up his time.
B53RICH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several years ago, Mr. L. himself was concerned about another correspondent not heard from in a while. Several months after Mr. L. first contacted me, I was informed that person was doing fine. Hoping the same turns up for Mr. L., a true historian.
Q65A

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you folks, I have been doing some online searching today.
It appears that Mr. L's middle name is Peter and that he is 76 years old.
Nothing else really turned up, other than another Alan Linsky (of Hawaii) who passed away at age 58.
I'll do some more searching and say a few prayers as well...
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we all love Mr. L, it seems silly for everyone to keep spinning his wheels. Check out the MIA thread in the Members Introduction section for updates.

Myself and another group member have been doing most of the searching but are coming up empty.

We already have found out that Mr. L will be 77 on Thursday (4/23) and has apparently moved from the Brentwood neighborhood in LA to Sherman Oaks. His Brentwood house phone has been disconnected, but his cellphone is still operational. Left a message there without getting a response.

As of yesterday I sent a note to a business address I have for him. Lets hope someone answers it. He seemingly has dropped off the radar if you read the other thread.
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: The other thread has been merged into this one.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might actually have found exactly what was needed to connect the dots and try to get some information on our missing Mr. Linsky. While all searches by everybody so far have returned no useful information, I seem to have had a horse shoe dropped on me. As it seems Mr. L is as private as they come, I will respect this and will not let this new development out in keeping with his privacy.

I am putting this here to let everybody know I HAVE NOT given up searching nor do I plan to. Sometimes it was an internet tablet while laying in bed, other times it was that internet tablet while in front of 2 computers, working all 3 and falling asleep in my chair.

I promise, you will know when I find something out.
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL:

Greatly ppreciate your time and effort; hope you will be able to finally solve the ongoing MIA mystery surrounding our reknowned Mr. "L"........

"NYO"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: