BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woodhaven Blvd in Rego Park

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Free-transfer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Woodhaven Blvd in Rego Park Reply with quote

I stopped for Chinese food in Rego Park and snapped
a few MTA BUS Co. pics as they went by. Nothing fancy,
as I didn't have much time to play around.

DSC00079.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.4 KB
 Viewed:  20073 Time(s)

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  151.78 KB

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00077.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  152.73 KB

DSC00077.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Free-transfer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: 2 more Reply with quote

2 more quick pics

DSC00082.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.34 KB
 Viewed:  20072 Time(s)

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00081.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  124.02 KB
 Viewed:  20072 Time(s)

DSC00081.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work on the pictures. Still hard to look at pictures of Woodhaven Blvd. and see all buses in blue and white, while remembering GBL and TCC rumbling by in their distinctive liveries.

I know that things change but i don't have to easily acept them.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECA,

Couldn't agree with you more - the 'colorful' days of street transit in New York are gone but won't be forgotten!

Glad to see that Threeboro's Q53 still runs to the beach even in its generic livery!

BTW; I scanned the Cohen - Muscat - FAACO article but I remember it well as being in the headlines for quite some time back when.

What I could never understand was the fact that Victor Muscat became awash in cash from the FAACO/city deal and why he had to involve himself in such a way to make him a target of an SEC investigation and all the ramifications that followed - probably just a case of greed!

Regards,

WCA
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WCA: I looked on the schedule at www.mta.info and found out the route has been changed slightly. It no longer goes e/b o Queens Blvd and turns south at 63rd Drive to Woodhaven. Instead it veers off QB at the Elmwood theater on to Hoffman Drive, which passes directly in front of the hospital and then turns south on Woodhaven.

Return trip is north on Woodhaven and turns left onto Queens Blvd in front of Fairyland Amusement Park, now Queens Center Mall.

I was surprised to see that there is now a Q-52 that starts at Woodhaven and goes south over the Cross Bay Bridge and then goes to Arverne.
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
ECA,

Couldn't agree with you more - the 'colorful' days of street transit in New York are gone but won't be forgotten!

Glad to see that Threeboro's Q53 still runs to the beach even in its generic livery!

BTW; I scanned the Cohen - Muscat - FAACO article but I remember it well as being in the headlines for quite some time back when.

What I could never understand was the fact that Victor Muscat became awash in cash from the FAACO/city deal and why he had to involve himself in such a way to make him a target of an SEC investigation and all the ramifications that followed - probably just a case of greed!

Regards,

WCA

WCA:
Anything with Roy Cohn was involved there was controversy. When you read the article you see that t. The he SEC went after FACC for not being a registered investment company The trail goes cold after that. I thought that they changed the name to South Bay Investment or something like that but a quick search came up empty. Wonder what happened or is that an unsolved mystery confined to history?

ECA
GojiMet86

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
WCA: I looked on the schedule at www.mta.info and found out the route has been changed slightly. It no longer goes e/b o Queens Blvd and turns south at 63rd Drive to Woodhaven. Instead it veers off QB at the Elmwood theater on to Hoffman Drive, which passes directly in front of the hospital and then turns south on Woodhaven.

Return trip is north on Woodhaven and turns left onto Queens Blvd in front of Fairyland Amusement Park, now Queens Center Mall.

I was surprised to see that there is now a Q-52 that starts at Woodhaven and goes south over the Cross Bay Bridge and then goes to Arverne.

The Q52 was created out of the Q21 Limited, and the Q21 was cut off from the Rockaways. The Q21 now ends at Howard Beach, but still starts at Hoffman Drive. It's based out of the Far Rockaway/JFK depots. This took place on August 1, 2012. The Q53 is actually now part of College Point depot, formerly Queens Surface, as of Janaury 2014. In return College Point returned the Q19 to LaGuardia, formerly Triboro. I took a look at the next bus pick for LaGuardia and College Point, and it appears that LaGuardia will be doing 5 weekend runs, essentially sharing the route with College Point, for the summer. As for the new Q53 routing, it took place shortly after the MTA takeover. My only Triboro Q53 timetable shows the old routing, going non-stop from Rego Park to Broad Channel. The Q53 is now a Limited instead of a super-express, and ridership has increased a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: