BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014 Bus Festival-TOMORROW!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Hot Topics & Current Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q65A

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: 2014 Bus Festival-TOMORROW! Reply with quote

As part of the 40th annual Atlantic Antic, MTA will showcase selected members of its historical collection at Boerum Place & Atlantic Avenue from noon until 6:00 PM tomorrow 9/28.
NYTM admission will be reduced to $1.00 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Weather should be great...come out to the "Borough of Churches" tomorrow afternoon and "catch all the buses you missed" years ago Smile
FamousNYLover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you tomorrow!
Bill D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Bus Festival-TOMORROW! Reply with quote

Q65A wrote:
Weather should be great...come out to the "Borough of Churches" tomorrow afternoon and "catch all the buses you missed" years ago Smile

The weather was indeed fantastic, and the Bus Festival had a nice selection of a dozen buses on display. Buses present included Yellow Coach double decker "Bessie", Mack 6259, GM Old Looks 2969, 3100, 7144 and 9098, Flxible New Look 4727, GM New Looks 100 and 1502, RTS 10001, MCI Coach 2185 and Prevost Coach 2491. Here are some pictures from the event.

More pictures can be found here:https://www.flickr.com/photos/billonthehill2001/sets/72157647773350549/

Bill
Q65A

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I visited the buses then headed down into the TM.
Man, it was the biggest crowd I have ever seen in that museum since the day it opened back in '76!
The security officer actually had to queue up intending visitors back up Schemerhorn St. toward Court because the crowds were so big.
Lots of people (especially kids) having a great time with transit...
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so good to know that the museum generates so much interest! - and it's certainly deserving for the outstanding work that it does.

Just as the Motion Picture Academy awards the best of the best each year, I try to judge each MTA Museum presentation similarly which is a most difficult task considering that all of the contestants are equally magnificent!.

This year my choice is 5106 number 7144 as seen below - I can't imagine that this coach could have left the factory fifty seven years ago in any better shape than what you now see (it's probably the highly polished green paint of the lower body and the tire and wheel treatments that do it for me).

BTW; I'm completely ignoring the one minor detail that would lose points for #7144 on originality and that would be the replacement of the factory pantograph style windshield wipers with standard arc sweeps (don't even tell anyone that I mentioned this!).

Many thanks to BillD for the great photos.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

Bill D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very welcome Mr. Linsky!

7144 looks just as nice on the inside as well. Here are a couple of interior shots. Hop behind the wheel and take it for a trip!

Bill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Hot Topics & Current Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: