BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will NICE save an Orion V CNG once they retire?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd add a little flavor to this thread and let everyone see what you're talking about here;

So, enjoy the attached photo of a then MSBA Orion V fleet # 606 as seen at Great Neck, New York in September of 1992 on the N21 line headed for Glen Cove.

If 606 doesn't still exist and has not already made it to the museum at least you'll have it in your albums to remember.

BTW; they were some tough looking buses!

Photo courtesy of '4509bus' and is available at eBay as item # 371135675672.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

RailBus63

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R62CNG wrote:
RailBus63 wrote:
R62CNG wrote:
That's dumb. MTA paid, speced, and maintain these buses, while Nassau didn't want to do anything, so I think the MTA should of gain full ownership of EVERYTHING.

The MTA did not buy these buses - they were purchased using Federal funds allocated for Nassau County use only.

But they did place the orders and spec'd them and what not.

The MTA performed a service for Nassau County - that does not equal ownership of the buses.

Given the ugly way the MTA Long Island Bus relationship ended, I seriously doubt that either the authority or Nassau County has any interest in maintaining a vehicle to remember those days. Get your rides in now and take lots of pictures and videos while you can.
R62CNG
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice shot of a 1991 Orion V diesel. When did the MTA started to upgrade them? Around 1998 or so, because I've seen some without the old MTA logos and with Alcoa hubcaps.
GojiMet86

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
I thought I'd add a little flavor to this thread and let everyone see what you're talking about here;

So, enjoy the attached photo of a then MSBA Orion V fleet # 606 as seen at Great Neck, New York in September of 1992 on the N21 line headed for Glen Cove.

If 606 doesn't still exist and has not already made it to the museum at least you'll have it in your albums to remember.

BTW; they were some tough looking buses!

Photo courtesy of '4509bus' and is available at eBay as item # 371135675672.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I never saw them in service. Would have been nice, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: