BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'OVER ONE HALF MILLION AND STILL GOING STRONG'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: 'OVER ONE HALF MILLION AND STILL GOING STRONG' Reply with quote

I'm as proud as punch to announce that my 'Vintage New York City' thread has registered over 500,000 hits - an all time record for BusTalk (quite frankly I never thought I'd live long enough to reach this goal and as far a one million goes - forget it!).

I take all the credit for devising such an obviously interesting overview of a time in New York's history in which many colorful operators worked so well together to make the Big Apple the greatest mass transit system in the world.

I take little credit for the support that you've all given me in this effort and for that I am very thankful.

I will do my best to keep up the good work.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WCA - I thought the 500,000 referred to the mileage on the Blue Bird (car) you have! - Very Happy

ECA
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECA,

If you're talking about my 1939 La Salle coupe - no it hasn't reached that kind of mileage yet - and I don't expect that it ever will (only kidding).

However, two weeks ago, I decided to ride by my Land Rover dealer figuring that maybe I'd get a good deal in trading my 2009 for something like a 12 or 13 model - in some respects a two or three year old well kept high end car today is probably just as good as the latest model and it's certainly cheaper and carries what amounts to a new car warranty.

To make a long story shorter they offered me a really great trade-in deal for a 2013 Range Rover HSE Luxury Sport (see below) and I couldn't resist it.

I caught the brass ring on this one because while Land Rovers whether new or used are in great demand, Range Rover sales are in decline.

I figure this will probably be the last car I'll buy in my lifetime and I can stand the monthly payments as I enjoy driving it.

Best regards,

WCA

Q65A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 'OVER ONE HALF MILLION AND STILL GOING STRONG' Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
I take all the credit for devising such an obviously interesting overview of a time in New York's history in which many colorful operators worked so well together to make the Big Apple the greatest mass transit system in the world.
Congrats on this major milestone, Mr. L!!! You deserve all the credit in the world for starting this great thread, and even greater credit for constantly finding and sharing such terrific historical images!!! Thanks for all you do!!!
gmnewlook

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. L, you're also closing in on 2,000 replies in that thread! Kudos to you sir. I'm at a loss for words... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: