BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'REMINGTON STEELE'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: 'REMINGTON STEELE' Reply with quote

When there's absolutely nothing else to watch on cable I'll turn to METV which is pretty good because you can see reruns of your favorite shows of yore such as Cannon, The Rockford Files, Kojak, Columbo and loads more.

This afternoon I came across Remington Steele which was a favorite of mine from MTM Enterprises starring Stephanie Zimbalist and newcomer Pierce Bronson of eventual James Bond fame.

The story line; Wealthy young private eye Laura Holt grudgingly accepts a new partner when a mystery man (an ex gentleman jewel thief) assumes the identity of her fictitious boss, Remington Steele. Together, the two battle crime as well as their feelings for each other.

94 hour long episodes were made between 1982 and 1987 and, while I never caught the name of the one I watched today, it was #14 of the second season if your interested in the DVD.

This was a great one for bus fans as it featured the pictured GM TDH 4512 not just in passing the camera but in full scenes over numbers of minutes and even included a high speed chase that it handled very well.

I was yet to be involved vintage vehicle supply to the industry in 1983 so I have know knowledge of the pedigree of the bus except to say that appeared very well kept.

Of note are the California municipal license plate which was probably a prop, the curb light just forward of the front wheel well and the side signal light under the first passenger window both of which were indications of a later 4512 update.

Photos courtesy of IMDb.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Buses in Pop Culture All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: