BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'WHAT'S MISSING?'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: 'WHAT'S MISSING?' Reply with quote

In the attached 'almost' well prepared collage of Yellow/GM models from day one in 1923 through the RTS era presented by GM's Promotions Department, one very important model representing one very important era in the company's history is AWOL!

I don't think I have to clue you in except to say that it was among the four most successful of the manufacturer's lines.

I have seen many such glaring errors in GM's advertisements and attribute it to a disconnection between the brains that concocted them and the underlings that were left to complete the projects with little in depth knowledge of the product they were sellling.

Credit within frame.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

NorthShore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 'WHAT'S MISSING?' Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
In the attached 'almost' well prepared collage of Yellow/GM models from day one in 1923 through the RTS era presented by GM's Promotions Department, one very important model representing one very important era in the company's history is AWOL!

I don't think I have to clue you in except to say that it was among the four most successful of the manufacturer's lines.

I have seen many such glaring errors in GM's advertisements and attribute it to a disconnection between the brains that concocted them and the underlings that were left to complete the projects with little in depth knowledge of the product they were sellling.

Credit within frame.

NorthShore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see many important models missing: Supercuiser, Silversides, Scenicruiser, TD-5501, TDH-5103, TDH-5105.
frankie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not one "old look"!

Frankie
Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthShore wrote:
I see many important models missing: Supercuiser, Silversides, Scenicruiser, TD-5501, TDH-5103, TDH-5105.

NorthShore,

I think it's more or less a representation of the different types of buses down through the years - if they included every single model they ever made, they would have needed twenty posters!

Frankie is correct - no Old Look?

Regards,

Mr. 'L'
JimmiB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess they forgot that in the years between Yellow Coach and the fishbowls...they made transit buses under the GM badge.
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
NorthShore wrote:

NorthShore,

I think it's more or less a representation of the different types of buses down through the years - if they included every single model they ever made, they would have needed twenty posters!

Frankie is correct - no Old Look?

Regards,

Mr. 'L'

WCA: Not a bad idea to have twenty pages Wold have made a great collectible.

ECA
Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems as though GM did some things right in their ad department after all!

Shown attachment certainly describes the company's transit product progress from the beginning to the start of the New Look era.

Bravo!

Photo courtesy of '4509bus' and is available at eBay as item # 351032141780.

traildriver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last quote reminds me of the Fall, 1956 ad campaign of Chrysler Corporation...."Suddenly, it's 1960!"
This was used to promote the wild, tailfainned designs of the Virgil Exner 'Forward Look' 1957 auto lineup.... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: