BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STOLEN PHOTOS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckielugger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: STOLEN PHOTOS Reply with quote

Your associated photo gallery website contains numerous photos that belong to me and have been posted without permission and in breach of copyright. These images have only been posted on my own flickr site and have not been sold. They appear to have been added by member "washie" and marked copyright unknown. Can one of the owners of this site email me off group to discuss this please. The majority of my photos are based on Northern Scottish but there may be others. Sad
buckielugger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: STOLEN PHOTOS Reply with quote

Michael, my email response to you has been rejected - see below. Perhaps you can give me an alternative email so that I can respond to you.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following addresses
failed:

ripta42@hopetunnel.org:
quota exceeded
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckielugger,

First off, let me welcome you to BusTalk and say that we look forward to your valued contributions and that it's always a pleasure to see new members from across the pond.

Regarding your stolen images; Flickr as well as most other web based photo services offer settings that will prohibit copying of your work and I would advise that you look into that.

Speaking from a legal standpoint, the 'World Wide Web' is considered 'public domain' and unless you can prove beyond doubt that the person that has taken your copyrighted material has done so for profit by either using it commercially or in some way selling it, I don't believe you have a leg to stand on.

Most of us here at BusTalk who will occasionally display photos from unknown sources will state that they have been used for educational purposes only.

Many regards for the New Year,

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York
buckielugger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Stolen Photos Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome message. I am fully aware of what the web means and I am fully aware of how to protect my photos - the fact that I specifically state on my site that the photos are copyright protected and should not be posted elsewhere reflects this. I also have selected the no download option so clearly someone has deliberatly downloaded them against my wishes. I have no problem in sharing my photos when asked but I simply despise the parasites that hack into flickr or smugmug sites and post photos that belong to others. I would hope that as fellow enthusiasts we respect each others copyright requests and where these are ignored I would hope that the owners of sites where non authorised photos are posted would take appropriate action otherwise genuine contributors will simply stop posting their photos, much to the detriment of the majority of online viewers.
buckielugger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Stolen Photos Reply with quote

Guys, thanks for your prompt work on dealing with this, it is much appreciated by myself and the the other contributors.

Best wishes for 2014.
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: STOLEN PHOTOS Reply with quote

buckielugger wrote:
Michael, my email response to you has been rejected - see below. Perhaps you can give me an alternative email so that I can respond to you.

I'm not sure why that happens; I did receive your e-mail.

If anyone would like to enjoy Peter's photos, they can be found on his Flickr page - http://www.flickr.com/photos/94327181@N03
Washie.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: stolen photos Reply with quote

I am sorry if I upset you by posting your photos without asking for your permission.
I only wanted to share the photos and there was no profit or any personal gain.
I will not share any of your photos again.

Washie.

Crazyhorse
buckielugger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: STOLEN PHOTOS Reply with quote

Thanks Washie. I appreciate that you were not out to make money but others before you have been. The fact that the photos could quite easily be downloaded from the bustalk site only encourages the less scrupulous individuals who try and make money from the efforts of others, and there are quite a few of them around (check out photo thieves exposed on facebook).

As I said earlier I am more than happy to share my photos so if there is a particular photo you like then simply ask for a copy and I will do my best to help (within reason of course as rural broadband not the best for sending files of hi res photos).

BL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: