BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christmas day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nelson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Christmas day Reply with quote

Christmas day is the most important religious of the christen community. It is celebrated as a major festival and public holiday in many countries around the world; including many non-Christian countries. It is celebrated in the memory of Jesus Christ’s birth and people celebrate this event in different ways? I am going to celebrate this event in New York.
How are you going to celebrate this event guys?
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson: Welcome aboard, may you contribute and learn about buses from this board.

As for me I'm Jewish as are several other members of this board, I don't celebrate Xmas but my wife (who is also Jewish) do go to a friend's house for dinner and to get a lot of our young grandchildren together.
JimmiB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson,
First, welcome to Bus Talk.
I celebrate the birth of Jesus, but also the chance to interact with relatives who I seldom have contact with the rest of the year.
When I was about 12 years old I took piano lessons from a Jewish woman who had fled from Austria during WWII. I was her only Christian pupil, so during Hanukkah she had me try some Jewish food and at Christmas time she even baked cookies for me. Wonderful woman.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the time of year that good peoples around the world regardless of faith can hope for Peace on Earth and good will to all in the coming year.

My most sincerest regards,

Mr. 'L'
nelson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to see the warm welcome form the community members and happy to participate in community discussion. I found this forum very informative. I hope it will be great fun to stay here.
gmnewlook

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm off work on the 25th and 26th. My wife plays the organ on the 24th at 7 PM at the parish where we got married in '07 (we're Catholics) and on the 25th at 10:30 AM, then after lunch, we're going to her parents who live in the Eastern Townships and coming back the next day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: