BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any ideas of the way EBT driver scheds or picks work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ST9909

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Any ideas of the way EBT driver scheds or picks work? Reply with quote

hello all, i've been looking at the way Suff Bus broke up the CBS driver scheds and was wondering if anyone knew about EBT's
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure how EBT does there picks. But based on what i heard about the s54, EBT doesn't do the picks the way ICMC did.

It's possible that a there is a S54 run that either does a run on the S29 or ends up doing the S29. That is based on a friend who saw a bus on the S54 one morning and then saw it on the 29 later that day. He wasn't sure if the driver had done the 54 then the 29, or if the bus had been brought back to the yard and then assigned to the driver of the 29.

I heard that EBT has school bus drivers do transit runs when they aren't doing school runs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been told the S41 and the S58 swap runs, and have seen buses running on the 41 route with the 58 banner. As you know there is a 2 hour gap between the morning eastbound 58 routes and the same in the afternoon for the westbound one. So it wouldn't surprise me that other route do as well swap buses mid day.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
I've been told the S41 and the S58 swap runs, and have seen buses running on the 41 route with the 58 banner. As you know there is a 2 hour gap between the morning eastbound 58 routes and the same in the afternoon for the westbound one. So it wouldn't surprise me that other route do as well swap buses mid day.

Thats the first time i've heard suffolk bus having a driver from the bay shore yard doing a run from the ronkonkoma yard and visvera. I know that suffolk bus moves buses between the yards mostly during the summer. The only yime thought that i heard that happen this year though was when 5073 was seen on the S40 on a day when it was normally on the S76.

I'm not ssying whst u saw didn't actually happen the way you say it did,i mean i heard of at least on suffolk bus corp pick that was changed after SBC got CBS's old routes, i just have never heard one like what u discribed before from SBC before, though a S41- S58 run does make sence
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: