BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CT Transit service discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djmarco12

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should CDOT takeover all of the transit agencies in Connecticut?
RailBus63

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily. In many cases, local management is better, especially for a small city or transit agency. If ConnDOT took over a tiny agency like Middletown, it would immediately be an afterthought while they worried about big cities like Hartford or New Haven.
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
Not necessarily. In many cases, local management is better, especially for a small city or transit agency. If ConnDOT took over a tiny agency like Middletown, it would immediately be an afterthought while they worried about big cities like Hartford or New Haven.

Trust me. Even in the big parts like Hartford, not everywhere has decent service and sunday is a nightmare. the only run that is on time is the 66, which is the only bus that runs on the half hour instead of the top of the hour.
djmarco12

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree niorwalk wheels stop running at 7:30 and no sunday service. on weekdays after 7:30 they have 2 shuttles until 10:00 . on sundays shuttles run from 9am to 6:30pm
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Not fleet related) Ct Transit Hartford has officially saddens me. They officially cancelled the 4:15 pulse due to so many late bus departures.
eddie4life2

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehartfordboy wrote:
(Not fleet related) Ct Transit Hartford has officially saddens me. They officially cancelled the 4:15 pulse due to so many late bus departures.

What day was this? if i may ask...
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddie4life2 wrote:
thehartfordboy wrote:

sunday. may 27th.
eddie4life2

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehartfordboy wrote:
eddie4life2 wrote:
thehartfordboy wrote:

sunday. may 27th.

im sorry to hear this i know sunday service is bad but i think this is beyound bad and somenthing should be done about it....i mean people have to get to work and home and is already and hour service and now u skipping one pulse is not acceptable in my view
RailBus63

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehartfordboy wrote:

There's nothing about this on the CT Transit website.
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
thehartfordboy wrote:

There's nothing about this on the CT Transit website.

U had to be in Hartford taking the bus to know. the bus is posted as leaving the westfarms mall at 345. it left at 415. all the buses arrived at 450. then we had to wait for the burnside bus and bradley flyer. we left at 520.
Bill D

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehartfordboy wrote:

U had to be in Hartford taking the bus to know. the bus is posted as leaving the westfarms mall at 345. it left at 415. all the buses arrived at 450. then we had to wait for the burnside bus and bradley flyer. we left at 520.

What was the cause of so many buses running 30 minutes or more late? I suspect that parades or other Memorial Day weekend activities caused havoc with the schedules, and rather than continue running way behind schedule into the evening, someone made a decision to hold the buses until the next pulse time. It was probably the easiest way to get the system back on schedule. Unfortunately, passengers riding at the time that you were faced significant delays.

Bill
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill D wrote:
thehartfordboy wrote:

What was the cause of so many buses running 30 minutes or more late? I suspect that parades or other Memorial Day weekend activities caused havoc with the schedules, and rather than continue running way behind schedule into the evening, someone made a decision to hold the buses until the next pulse time. It was probably the easiest way to get the system back on schedule. Unfortunately, passengers riding at the time that you were faced significant delays.

Bill

This has been going on for months now. Its the 88 Burnside Avenue route that isn't no where near a 30 min trip. It is often 10 to 15 minutes late. i think if the 88 runs on an hour and a half instead of an hour or since it interlines with the 82c, why not loop since they link up at both ends and 82c is an hour long trip that is about 45 to fifty minutes.
Bill D

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehartfordboy wrote:

This has been going on for months now. Its the 88 Burnside Avenue route that isn't no where near a 30 min trip. It is often 10 to 15 minutes late. i think if the 88 runs on an hour and a half instead of an hour or since it interlines with the 82c, why not loop since they link up at both ends and 82c is an hour long trip that is about 45 to fifty minutes.

Are all buses being held downtown until the 88 arrives? If this is an ongoing problem, people need to complain to CT Transit, and if that doesn't do any good, then complaints should be made to the DOT - Office of Transit and Ridesharing.

Bill

[Note to moderator: Can we break this discussion off to a separate thread?]
BZGuy

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The east of the river buses have been a issue for years on Sunday. The 88 and 83 are notorious for not having a proper running time. I use to feel bad for those drivers that got stuck with it because the 88 and 83 were interlined on Sunday. They would be out there with the hammer down all day and still not be able to run ontime.
RailBus63

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill D wrote:

[Note to moderator: Can we break this discussion off to a separate thread?]

Done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: