BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter on S58 bus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Letter on S58 bus Reply with quote

I found this letter on the S58 bus I was riding Friday where they keep all the schedules, and it has me kind of confused what it all means. This type of bus I was on was one of the older ones where the schedules are on a hanging folder of sorts, but this was the only thing in that one.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like no insurance policy on the bus but rather covered by Suffolk county for any damages occurring.
Jimbo

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Certificate of Indemnification" is used in lieu of an insurance card. The County of Suffolk is self-insured, this letter has the info on who to contact. This letter should have been kept with the registration and other important paperwork on the bus, NOT in the schedule rack.
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, and it makes sense given the scope of what could occur.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo wrote:
The "Certificate of Indemnification" is used in lieu of an insurance card. The County of Suffolk is self-insured, this letter has the info on who to contact. This letter should have been kept with the registration and other important paperwork on the bus, NOT in the schedule rack.

My guess would be that whoever put the schudules in the rack must had had that folded up behind a stack of Schudules and accidently put it on the rack with them without realizing. A stupid mistake but at least it wasn't left in the yard.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FamousNYLover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Letter on S58 bus Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
I found this letter on the S58 bus I was riding Friday where they keep all the schedules, and it has me kind of confused what it all means. This type of bus I was on was one of the older ones where the schedules are on a hanging folder of sorts, but this was the only thing in that one.

Did you tell bus driver you found this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: