BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hart Bus Roster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Hart Bus Roster Reply with quote

Yesterday I joined the Metropolitan New York Bus Assciation when they visited the HART garage.

Here is a list of all buses and vans in their fleet.

601-603 (3) still in white and gold

801-807 (7) still in red,white and blue

808-810 (3) white and blue (Hybrids)
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus, of the 13, how many would you say they use of those on a weekday? On a weekend?
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
Hart Bus, of the 13, how many would you say they use of those on a weekday? On a weekend?

According to the dispatcher on duty......Weekend is 3 since they now operate on a two hour headway

Weekdays........3 routes x 2 buses is 6 + a couple for the commuter routes.
I think the hybrids came in before the 600's died. Can see 10 if you're holding one or two back as relief/repairs but 13 seems excessive.

Hart Bus
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
Commackbustaker wrote:

According to the dispatcher on duty......Weekend is 3 since they now operate on a two hour headway

Weekdays........3 routes x 2 buses is 6 + a couple for the commuter routes.
I think the hybrids came in before the 600's died. Can see 10 if you're holding one or two back as relief/repairs but 13 seems excessive.

Hart Bus

I agree, and I also wonder if they are just keeping around the 600's as the commuter/relief buses, as all I seem to see these days are the hybrids and the non hybrid 800's whether at walt whitman, points in between, or in commack.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:

I agree, and I also wonder if they are just keeping around the 600's as the commuter/relief buses, as all I seem to see these days are the hybrids and the non hybrid 800's whether at walt whitman, points in between, or in commack.

My guess would be that maybe the 600's didn't reach the end of their service life yet.

Though the case could be made that since they would need the parts anyway because of the 800's why not keep the 600's as long as you can and retire both the 600's and 800's at the same time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
Commackbustaker wrote:

My guess would be that maybe the 600's didn't reach the end of their service life yet.

Though the case could be made that since they would need the parts anyway because of the 800's why not keep the 600's as long as you can and retire both the 600's and 800's at the same time.

The parts from 600's and 800's are interchangeable?
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
Commackbustaker wrote:

The parts from 600's and 800's are interchangeable?

I assume that that both the 600's and 800's would need the same parts since they are both Gillig Phantoms, I have no idea if they are interchangeable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I saw the 601 on the H6 line and the 603 on the 9A line, which run on HART, interesting to see the old white and gold running, guess they still have life in them after all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: