BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New bus stops at Walt Whitman Mall April 2nd!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
This morning around 9AM minor chaos ensued as the SCT hadn't done any prep work on getting their buses setup for the new stops, and there was a couple of guys from EBT directing traffic for the bus lines. Eventually they ended up putting up makeshift signs inside of the glass for each the bus lines of the shelters available. I asked the EBT folks why there was no notice beforehand and they had no answer for that.
Meanwhile HART ran a tight ship and were running smoothly as all their buses were in their correct spots.
NICE on the other hand it appeared hadn't even given their drivers the heads up as they were still waiting at the old stop in front of the mall.

I know NICE gave notice to their riders, but I can't believe they didn't give notice to their drivers.

Are The SCT stops at Walt Whitman now like they are at Smith Haven and routes have a designated place to stop?

That was good of EBT to send people to direct their bus traffic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
Commackbustaker wrote:
This morning around 9AM minor chaos ensued as the SCT hadn't done any prep work on getting their buses setup for the new stops, and there was a couple of guys from EBT directing traffic for the bus lines. Eventually they ended up putting up makeshift signs inside of the glass for each the bus lines of the shelters available. I asked the EBT folks why there was no notice beforehand and they had no answer for that.
Meanwhile HART ran a tight ship and were running smoothly as all their buses were in their correct spots.
NICE on the other hand it appeared hadn't even given their drivers the heads up as they were still waiting at the old stop in front of the mall.

I know NICE gave notice to their riders, but I can't believe they didn't give notice to their drivers.

Are The SCT stops at Walt Whitman now like they are at Smith Haven and routes have a designated place to stop?

That was good of EBT to send people to direct their bus traffic.

As far as NICE is concerned that was the story for at least the early part of the day, I can't tell you what happened after 9:30AM there.
It does in fact appear the SCT will in fact be doing that, I just hope the signs and schedules are posted on there as well like at Smith Haven. And it certainly was good to see EBT taking charge on the new stops when it was completely clear SCT dropped the ball big time. It's not like they popped up these shelters overnight, they've been there for a fair number of weeks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: