BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New bus stops at Walt Whitman Mall April 2nd!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: New bus stops at Walt Whitman Mall April 2nd! Reply with quote

This is the diagram of the new bus stops put in officially used starting April 2nd at Walt Whitman Mall. Photo was taken on a HART bus of a placard on said bus.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48559236@N06/6866618898/
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the new stops be better then how the stops at Walt Whitman currently are?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was at the HART garage yesterday (see topic) there were diagrams in all the buses regarding the change. I believe that the change was necessitated by the Town Board approving an expansion of the Mall.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that Suffolk Transit hasn't giving any notice, or at least not on their website, about any bus stop change at Walt Whitman.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:

Well on April 2nd, they really won't be all that much better because it's kinda away from the mall and as such the riders will be subjected elements and parking lot traffic to get to the mall from the bus stop, as those stops aren't next to it like it is now, although riders transferring there to other buses will finally have shelters. Now the other thing that will be an issue is the fact that the S1 will go even further off the main road (Rt. 110) to get to the mall bus stops and back. I am also disappointed of Suffolk Transit's no notice, they are usually good on those things, like the movement of bus shelters down in Bay Shore last year for example. I just happened to be on HART Saturday, and saw the diagram, but I have no clue how long it has been up.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:

Well on April 2nd, they really won't be all that much better because it's kinda away from the mall and as such the riders will be subjected elements and parking lot traffic to get to the mall from the bus stop, as those stops aren't next to it like it is now, although riders transferring there to other buses will finally have shelters. Now the other thing that will be an issue is the fact that the S1 will go even further off the main road (Rt. 110) to get to the mall bus stops and back. I am also disappointed of Suffolk Transit's no notice, they are usually good on those things, like the movement of bus shelters down in Bay Shore last year for example. I just happened to be on HART Saturday, and saw the diagram, but I have no clue how long it has been up.

They did a good job when the stops at Smith Haven Mall were moved because of construction of the life center, and moved back They were also on top of when the routes had top be detoured because of the Constitution at Walt Whitman. I've noticed that over the last year that they have been slow to put out info on their website, I mean the past they had info up months in advance.
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:

They did a good job when the stops at Smith Haven Mall were moved because of construction of the life center, and moved back They were also on top of when the routes had top be detoured because of the Constitution at Walt Whitman. I've noticed that over the last year that they have been slow to put out info on their website, I mean the past they had info up months in advance.
It sure seems like it at smith haven at least the last time I was there. I guess we'll have to see what becomes of the mall expansion in huntington. My hope is it will lead to less missed connections.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
Commackbustaker wrote:

It sure seems like it at smith haven at least the last time I was there. I guess we'll have to see what becomes of the mall expansion in huntington. My hope is it will lead to less missed connections.

You are aware that my comment was about about SCT letting riders know about the stops being moved because of the construction at Smith Haven right?

Though I do agree that the way the bus stops are now at Smith Haven are better now then they use to be, though I do miss the way it use to be sometimes.
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
Commackbustaker wrote:

You are aware that my comment was about about SCT letting riders know about the stops being moved because of the construction at Smith Haven right?

Though I do agree that the way the bus stops are now at Smith Haven are better now then they use to be, though I do miss the way it use to be sometimes.
Ah ok, no I thought you were talking originally about setup, not the notification of the new setup. How awkward, anyway from what I've seen there's been practically nothing about it, which I as well believe is extremely odd.
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo taken near current bus stops, and still no notification on Suffolk Transit. http://www.flickr.com/photos/48559236@N06/7028288851/in/photostream HART already has the signs up for their buses where they will be at the new stops. However on the S54 this afternoon I did see the notification of the rise in bus fares staring May 1st.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
Photo taken near current bus stops, and still no notification on Suffolk Transit. http://www.flickr.com/photos/48559236@N06/7028288851/in/photostream HART already has the signs up for their buses where they will be at the new stops. However on the S54 this afternoon I did see the notification of the rise in bus fares staring May 1st.

Thats something else they haven't yet mentioned on their site (the fare increase, though if there is something posted on the buses then I'm sure that they will post something soon on their site.)
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I guess that got settled quickly. Nice Bus has also put notifications on their site for the changes with the Walt Whitman Mall bus setup as well: http://www.nicebus.com/Passenger_Information/Service_Alerts/index.html
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
^ I guess that got settled quickly. Nice Bus has also put notifications on their site as well: http://www.nicebus.com/Passenger_Information/Service_Alerts/index.html

Yeah I just happen to go on to their site to see if they said anything about the change and had seen about the fare increase and was like 'wow we were just talking about that' LOL
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
^ I guess that got settled quickly. Nice Bus has also put notifications on their site as well: http://www.nicebus.com/Passenger_Information/Service_Alerts/index.html

Yeah I just happen to go on to their site to see if they said anything about the change and had seen about the fare increase and was like 'wow we were just talking about that' LOL

That's why I tried to edit it quickly, but you beat me to it.
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning around 9AM minor chaos ensued as the SCT hadn't done any prep work on getting their buses setup for the new stops, and there was a couple of guys from EBT directing traffic for the bus lines. Eventually they ended up putting up makeshift signs inside of the glass for each the bus lines of the shelters available. I asked the EBT folks why there was no notice beforehand and they had no answer for that.
Meanwhile HART ran a tight ship and were running smoothly as all their buses were in their correct spots.
NICE on the other hand it appeared hadn't even given their drivers the heads up as they were still waiting at the old stop in front of the mall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: