BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bus fire in Bohemia
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R62CNG wrote:
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
R62CNG wrote:
How long does warranty cover a bus? Is 2 years? I know that when MTA's #1804 got t-boned back in 2011, that bus was covered for a little over a year and was eventually replaced by Orion VII 3G CNG #1883 (while #1884 was going to replace #1808 from an earlier accident, but that one was repaired and we got the extra bus anyway).

I'm not sure how long a bus warranty is. As far as I know there isn't a bus running around numbered 1054 since the fire, and there doesn't seem to be a Orion VII running round with a number hire then 1081. (Or at least not that I've heard about.) Besides if memory serves me Orion was on it's way out at the time of the fire.
Orion did not announce it's departure in the bus industry until this time 2 years ago (April 2012). Even so, they are still obligated to replace damage buses in the event of a fire or mechanical malfunction.

Which was a month after the fire, or like I had said around the time of the fire.

Like I said though, I'm not aware of there being a replacement bus, so I have no idea why that would be if Orion was suppose to do something if the bus was under warrenty.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RailBus63

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R62CNG wrote:
Orion did not announce it's departure in the bus industry until this time 2 years ago (April 2012). Even so, they are still obligated to replace damage buses in the event of a fire or mechanical malfunction.

That is not how warranties work. It would have to be proven that the failure or fire was directly due to something like the manufacturer's design or workmanship, for example. I have no idea of what happened in this instance, but some bus fires that occurred in the past at other agencies have been suspected to be linked to poor maintenance practices.
R62CNG
Banned

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that sucks big time!
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
R62CNG wrote:

That is not how warranties work. It would have to be proven that the failure or fire was directly due to something like the manufacturer's design or workmanship, for example. I have no idea of what happened in this instance, but some bus fires that occurred in the past at other agencies have been suspected to be linked to poor maintenance practices.

RailBus63,

That's exactly what I was about to say - you took the words right out of my mouth!

BTW; they might have the same problem with their insurance underwriter if it can be proven that normal maintenance procedures were either shoddy or non existent.

Regards,

Mr. 'L'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: