BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
Commackbustaker wrote:
Commackbustaker wrote:
I like how there is 4 shelters at Smith Haven Mall, although as far as I can tell the 4th one going from west to east isn't used by any bus. And what is with the S69 bus and why does it run so late compared to most of the others even on a Saturday? There's a shuttle bus provided free by the State for SUNY Stony Brook users, usually run only on the weekends. Wouldn't it considering how close it's route is to the S60 made more sense to call it S60A? Oh and speaking of shuttle buses, why is there hourly seven day a week ones for the Tanger Outlet in Deer Park to the aforementioned town's LIRR station? It would make more sense if The SCT buses have a stop outside of it on the Grant Boulevard instead of 2A, S27, and S33 buses stopping in the center? It's not like it's a 1/10 of a mile away from the main road like some places, and if I'm going there and I'm taking the LIRR, I'm never going on a SCT bus when the Outlet shuttle bus costs nothing. Maybe it's like trying to explain the meaning of life or something, but I figure to give it a shot here.

The 4th shelter is for drop offs when there are buses at the other three, or at least that is what I've heard and since so many buses that arrive at the same time it makes sense. Routes that arrive for pick up at the 3rd one probably use it for pick ups as well though thats just a guess.
Ok that does make sense and they did tend to get bunched up at the time I was there. Although none came to that end while I was there. I like the 4th one because you tend to avoid the smokers and other distracting stuff.

When I was there well over a year ago, I remember an S62 pulled up to it to drop people off before heading on break (it was on a Saturday and before the Orion VII's arrived), though other then that one bus, that shelter wasn't used.

Upon further reflection the middle 2 shelters are the only ones with bus signs next to them, the other 2 have none at Smith Haven Mall. On the topic of shelters by Malls, the Walt Whitman Mall has some new shelters in place in the parking lot south of the Mall, They weren't using them yesterday but it's probably only a matter of time before they do. It's set up so that it's kind of equal distance from the mall and the shopping center just south of it, which is good I guess if someone is going to the shopping center and not the mall. However I'm not sure riders are going to like it with any sort of bad weather, because they are completely exposed once you step out from the under the shelters of course.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
Commackbustaker wrote:
Commackbustaker wrote:
I like how there is 4 shelters at Smith Haven Mall, although as far as I can tell the 4th one going from west to east isn't used by any bus. And what is with the S69 bus and why does it run so late compared to most of the others even on a Saturday? There's a shuttle bus provided free by the State for SUNY Stony Brook users, usually run only on the weekends. Wouldn't it considering how close it's route is to the S60 made more sense to call it S60A? Oh and speaking of shuttle buses, why is there hourly seven day a week ones for the Tanger Outlet in Deer Park to the aforementioned town's LIRR station? It would make more sense if The SCT buses have a stop outside of it on the Grant Boulevard instead of 2A, S27, and S33 buses stopping in the center? It's not like it's a 1/10 of a mile away from the main road like some places, and if I'm going there and I'm taking the LIRR, I'm never going on a SCT bus when the Outlet shuttle bus costs nothing. Maybe it's like trying to explain the meaning of life or something, but I figure to give it a shot here.

The 4th shelter is for drop offs when there are buses at the other three, or at least that is what I've heard and since so many buses that arrive at the same time it makes sense. Routes that arrive for pick up at the 3rd one probably use it for pick ups as well though thats just a guess.
Ok that does make sense and they did tend to get bunched up at the time I was there. Although none came to that end while I was there. I like the 4th one because you tend to avoid the smokers and other distracting stuff.

When I was there well over a year ago, I remember an S62 pulled up to it to drop people off before heading on break (it was on a Saturday and before the Orion VII's arrived), though other then that one bus, that shelter wasn't used.

Upon further reflection the middle 2 shelters are the only ones with bus signs next to them, the other 2 have none at Smith Haven Mall. On the topic of shelters by Malls, the Walt Whitman Mall has some new shelters in place in the parking lot south of the Mall, They weren't using them yesterday but it's probably only a matter of time before they do. It's set up so that it's kind of equal distance from the mall and the shopping center just south of it, which is good I guess if someone is going to the shopping center and not the mall. However I'm not sure riders are going to like it with any sort of bad weather, because they are completely exposed once you step out from the under the shelters of course.

They must have taken down the sign at the first one then because I remember a few years ago that the S62 use to stop at the first sign. Also the sign was up a year ago I believe.

Yeah I heard about them putting up shelters at Walt Whitman Mall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of missing signs, in the Commack area there are a few places where the sign is missing but the schedule is on the post is there, or the sign is gone but the post is still there, and some even post that held the sign is gone. I'm concerned at times that a new driver won't stop at places where there's been stops for years. Is there anybody you know of that I could talk to about replacements?
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
Speaking of missing signs, in the Commack area there are a few places where the sign is missing but the schedule is on the post is there, or the sign is gone but the post is still there, and some even post that held the sign is gone. I'm concerned at times that a new driver won't stop at places where there's been stops for years. Is there anybody you know of that I could talk to about replacements?

I would call the number they give on the schedule, or some other number for the DPW, or maybe your elected official, or Newsday's community Watchdog.

I know in my area they put up a new shelter but put up a sign for a route that doesn't stop there, it is used though but by a completely different route that only uses the stop twice a day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: