BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some info to get involved in SCT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the last meeting of the Public Works and Transportation Committee meeting, we were made aware through the audio which I am linking to that all 18 legislators of Suffolk have a county car to get around, I guess it's one of the perks but it also means they never need to use Suffolk Transit yet they are in charge of doling out for it. Real nice, but also at the end there is talk of putting ads on the SCAT buses, at the next meeting. So that's something interesting because currently there's none. Anyway here's the link to the audio of the most recent past meeting: http://legis.suffolkcountyny.gov/clerk/cmeet/pw/2012/PW090412.rm
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
According to the last meeting of the Public Works and Transportation Committee meeting, we were made aware through the audio which I am linking to that all 18 legislators of Suffolk have a county car to get around, I guess it's one of the perks but it also means they never need to use Suffolk Transit yet they are in charge of doling out for it. Real nice, but also at the end there is talk of putting ads on the SCAT buses, at the next meeting. So that's something interesting because currently there's none. Anyway here's the link to the audio of the most recent past meeting: http://legis.suffolkcountyny.gov/clerk/cmeet/pw/2012/PW090412.rm

It was already public knowledge that the legislators have County Cars, though it was said that legislators Browning (from my district) isn't using her County Issued car, now I have no proof that says that that is fact or fiction. I'm just reporting what was said in the last election. (Or at least I think that was said in the last election, I know I heard that though.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, but SCAT bus ads are interesting. Does anyone have numbers on what SCT charges for bus wraps? Does it change depending on the bus size or type(i.e. 34ft, 40ft, hybrid, etc.)?
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
Alright, but SCAT bus ads are interesting. Does anyone have numbers on what SCT charges for bus wraps? Does it change depending on the bus size or type(i.e. 34ft, 40ft, hybrid, etc.)?

That I have no idea of, though that would be intresting to find out.

For the SCAT buses did they specify if it would be wrap ads that they use?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
Commackbustaker wrote:

The audio doesn't say anything about that. However by the end of the month the agenda for the next meeting on October 2nd should be up, and then chairman's (i.e. Schneiderman) office will have either put up or not the info about approving such measures in there. I'm still miffed about Schneiderman going on the record with Newsday in April about doing something with the 1.5 million in state aid for the buses to primarily use for some year round Sunday service and then nothing has come up for any vote since then or talked about since. With that I'm talking about besides what is already in place out east as I saw recently something about that.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
Commackbustaker wrote:

The audio doesn't say anything about that. However by the end of the month the agenda for the next meeting on October 2nd should be up, and then chairman's (i.e. Schneiderman) office will have either put up or not the info about approving such measures in there. I'm still miffed about Schneiderman going on the record with Newsday in April about doing something with the 1.5 million in state aid for the buses to primarily use for some year round Sunday service and then nothing has come up for any vote since then or talked about since. With that I'm talking about besides what is already in place out east as I saw recently something about that.

Either they didn't recive the money yet, or they found a better use for that money and didn't want anyone to know about it. (My guess is that they put the money into SCT's operational budget, like they did with the state aid they got after the 2002 fare increase)
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add, maybe with Mr. Schneiderman's partner with anything transportation related (Mr. Ed Romaine) attempting to run for Brookhaven Town Supervisor, he's afraid to try and do anything with the money because he's afraid it won't make it to the table.

Remember the last few tries at getting Sunday Service have failed, getting Sunday Service on the S92 and 10C doesn't really count as a win in that department since it was really just a compromise, and the only big backer to any of those proposal especially the last one was Mr. Romaine. Should Mr. Romaine leave, I fear that most likely there would be no progress on that front.
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rant On <Schneiderman has never made the most true and accurate quote about Sunday service, which is quite frankly that: Levy's argument about raising rates doesn't fly in the face of what the MTA does: Some bus routes don't run on Sundays even in NYC, but everyone pays the same regardless. Imagine if you will if Mangano/Veolia decided to have tiered pricing in Nassau: wait you can't because it doesn't happen. There's some routes that run 24/7 and others that run only 6 times a day Monday thru Friday, but every rider pays 2.25. Also I'm not asking for all routes to run all the time in Suffolk, just a some (S1, S41, S54, S58, S61, S62, S66 to name those some) that could run every day of the week like Schneiderman has said all along.> Rant Off
I recently saw that HART has along with the regular buses has their own able transit buses with ads on them, maybe Hartbus on here has an idea how they price it or how long they have been doing that.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
Rant On <Schneiderman has never made the most true and accurate quote about Sunday service, which is quite frankly that: Levy's argument about raising rates doesn't fly in the face of what the MTA does: Some bus routes don't run on Sundays even in NYC, but everyone pays the same regardless. Imagine if you will if Mangano/Veolia decided to have tiered pricing in Nassau: wait you can't because it doesn't happen. There's some routes that run 24/7 and others that run only 6 times a day Monday thru Friday, but every rider pays 2.25. Also I'm not asking for all routes to run all the time in Suffolk, just a some (S1, S41, S54, S58, S61, S62, S66 to name those some) that could run every day of the week like Schneiderman has said all along.> Rant Off
I recently saw that HART has along with the regular buses has their own able transit buses with ads on them, maybe Hartbus on here has an idea how they price it or how long they have been doing that.

I don't think the Legeslature could agree to what routes should get Sunday Service even today. I think as of now the S92 and 10C Sunday Service is the best you'll see for a while.

Levy's arugement was probably the only thing I have ever agreed with him on.
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now wait a minute here: Why should someone pay extra for a benefit they only see perhaps for parts of 6 months out of the year? Also last I checked the S47 this summer was charging a buck and a half a ride yet was a 7 day a week bus, so the out east buses charge more and yet if you wanted to go to Robert Moses beaches on the western end of the county this summer you paid less than regular fare, where's the consistency in that?
I agree there's no politically will to go forward with any form of expanded Sunday service sadly, but then Schneiderman should shut his mouth up and stop putting out quotes in the paper about it, because it's not a fair system, and his district seems to be one of the few beneficiaries of it.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
Now wait a minute here: Why should someone pay extra for a benefit they only see perhaps for parts of 6 months out of the year? Also last I checked the S47 this summer was charging a buck and a half a ride yet was a 7 day a week bus, so the out east buses charge more and yet if you wanted to go to Robert Moses beaches on the western end of the county this summer you paid less than regular fare, where's the consistency in that?
I agree there's no politically will to go forward with any form of expanded Sunday service sadly, but then Schneiderman should shut his mouth up and stop putting out quotes in the paper about it, because it's not a fair system, and his district seems to be one of the few beneficiaries of it.

The s92 and 10C Sunday Service is suppose to become full year at some point, or at least I think that was the plan, they ar doing it the current way to raise the funds for it full time. Though like I said before I think that was the plan.

As for the S47, that is diffrent since I assume that the route was around since the system was created.
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ok as long as that happens with the out east routes sooner rather than later I think it's fair.
Anyway the Agenda for the next Public Works and Transportion meeting is up. Nothing on advertising on SCAT buses. The only thing that looks interesting is this: IR 1908 Directing the Department of Public Works to study alternative methods for purchasing transit fares. I hope this is as promising as it sounds, perhaps Metrocard use (maybe that's too much to hope for). Though it sure would be nice to use one card and go from the subway at Jamaica to the twin forks of LI (albeit a slow route), with the swipe of a card.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
Well ok as long as that happens with the out east routes sooner rather than later I think it's fair.
Anyway the Agenda for the next Public Works and Transportion meeting is up. Nothing on advertising on SCAT buses. The only thing that looks interesting is this: IR 1908 Directing the Department of Public Works to study alternative methods for purchasing transit fares. I hope this is as promising as it sounds, perhaps Metrocard use (maybe that's too much to hope for). Though it sure would be nice to use one card and go from the subway at Jamaica to the twin forks of LI (albeit a slow route), with the swipe of a card.

I wouldn't give my hopes up, its probably going to be a 'we'll look at it, and say we are looking at it, but we won't do anything about it'. Like the 2009 bus study. They said they wanted to have a study of the system done, so they go it done, yet nothing was done to show that they are considering implimenting anything. (The Merger of the 7D and E could easlily be done)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: