BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'THE GM MODEL PGA-3301'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: 'THE GM MODEL PGA-3301' Reply with quote

Pictured below (top) is fleet number 20932342 - a 1951 GM Coach Model PGA-3301 and one of eight hundred and forty built between 1951 and 1952 exclusively for the U.S. Army for use at military facilities both at home and abroad.

These 37 passenger coaches powered by 503 cubic inch six cylinder Chevrolet truck engines mounted straight in at the rear and coupled to mechanical transmissions, were fabricated to Army specification with body panels from dies left over from discontinued parlor models and the front clips of the lightweight TGH 2708's.

The second photo spotlights the Flxible Clipper style rear end which was also popular on some of GM's war era over the road models.

In the third and fourth frames, we see a worn 3301 that has just ended its second career as an activity bus for Oklahoma State University which actually still runs and is for sale.

None of the 3301's have been listed as preserved.

First photo; Classic Bus Depot.
Second photo; Jerry Parks Collection
Third and fourth photos' Craigslist.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

klassikars

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: PGA 3301 Reply with quote

Yes the bus in the photo below, showing the "worn" bus, just happens to belong to me. I suppose "worn" is all in how you look at something. It has a little surface rust, but is not a wreck. Certainly it is not restored, but could easily be restored.
Is there not one preserved here??? I think it has been well preserved under my ownership since 1984 and it has not been converted. Still has the original 503 GMC engine, and four rows of the original seats. Could be up and running with very little effort.
It has NOT, JUST ENDED it's career as an activity bus for Oklahoma State University, that distinction occured years before I received it. Would be nice, if someone got credit for something they have done, instead of held up for having done it.
Sincerely,
Steve Davis
Old Look 4007

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: The GM PGA 3301 Reply with quote

Klassickars,

I used to live in OKC from 1973 to 1988 and saw your 3301 in a parking lot
aceoss the street from the old Swap Meet building,

I recall driving by where the 3301 was parked and trying to get a picture of it.

How WONDERFUL you own the bus. It is a blessing it still lives! Was thrilled to see a picture of it after 25 years.

I always wanted to know about this RARE classic bus. Now I know what model it is.

Thank you SO much for posting a picture of my favorite bus from my OKC days!
gmnewlook

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing one that resembles the one in the second picture in a yard in Longueuil a few years back, passed by recently and it's not there anymore. I might have a picture of it in my photo archives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: