BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suffolk Transit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Suffolk Transit Reply with quote

What changes to Suffolk County Transit do riders think should be made. [/b]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kay23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion if steve levy really wants to save money, instead of doing a route cut, first see what routes need to be cut, or need to be redone. there are to many companies managing the routes, I thought of a way to knock it down into three companies, with new routes, redone routes and some cut routes, which would improve service, save money, and only budget three companies instead of 7.

EBT and Inter-County are merging, why not through hart buses in to the mix, with new routes, Redone routes, and a new company name:
ATLANTIC COACH INC.

Suffolk Bus Corporation will be aquiring C.B.S Lines, still Suffolk would be the largest private company, but to stay within the budget of now maintaining 30 routes, keep the name the same, but also give some routes that would be to expensive to run to Atlantic Coach to split the responsibility, like the S60/S69, they would have new routes, and redone routes from CBS and Suffolk but under the same roof:
SUFFOLK BUS CORPORATION

Sunrise Coach Lines and Hampton Jitney should also merge, being the only two companies serving the east end of the island, should work together, also with new routes and redone routes and with a new name:
EAST ISLAND LINES INC.

With 3 Private companies spliting the responsibility of service to suffolk county riders from farmingdale to montauk, shrinks down to three contracts instead of 7 contracts, beter to keep track of, having the best service, and make sure that every rider has a bus stop near by.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EBT was awarded Inter County routes just as Suffolk Bus Corp was awarded CBS routes. None of that means the companies are merging, unless something has changed that wasn't mentioned.

From what I understand HART didn't want a county take over of their system, that is why they are interdependent.

Levy will be out of office come New Years, so anything that happen in the near future (that has nothing to do with the recently passed budget that has yet to take effect I believe) would be Bellone's doing.

Sorry if my tone sounds angry, thats not how it was meant to sound.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kay23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I understand, what really matters is that we get reliable transporation from point A to point B.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: