BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'MSBA # 801'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: 'MSBA # 801' Reply with quote

Seen below in full Bicentennial dress in a photo taken on June 10th. 1977 at the Freeport (NY) Long Island Railroad Station is fleet # 801 - a 1974 GM Coach Model T6H-5308A and one of fifty numbered from 800 to 849 delivered to the County of Nassau, New York (owner) and flagged for the Metropolitan Suburban Bus Authority as contracted operator.

For our nation's two-hundredth birthday in 1976, many public and private operators across the country gussied up their equipment to celebrate the monumental occasion.

I am uncertain as to how many if any other MSBA buses participated in the program which, incidentally, made # 801 far more cheerful looking than was it in its original livery as seen in an image of # 809 by Fred McGullum also below.

The 5308A's were the first new set of buses to be ordered by the county to strengthen an aging fleet that it inherited in its takeover of private operations in 1973.

# 801 photos thanks to eBay.
# 809 photo thanks to B53RICH.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

B53RICH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. L.,
Great photos as always.
Thanks for the credit on MSBA 809 but I don't recall sending or posting that photo.
Rich.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B53RICH,

Thanks for your kind remarks (as usual!).

I found the 809 photo attached to a post signed by you on Bus Chat and assumed that you supplied it.

I'd sure rather credit someone for something they didn't do than not credit someone for something they did do!

Thanks again,

Best regards,

Mr. 'L'
Phantom909

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos of 801. they also painted 838 that way too.

the photo of 809 was taken by a friend of mine, an MSBA driver wo used to drive it everyday on the N6 in 1975 and 76. I used to ride it everyday. I had posted it on SubChat awhile back.

Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: