BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW BUS STOP SIGNS???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scatman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: NEW BUS STOP SIGNS??? Reply with quote

i remember reading about new bus stop signs for nassau - has anyone seen them out there yet????? I would guess if they are there they would be on westbound woodbury rd for the new westbound n94 service starting mon. How about N20/N21 signs? are they gonna have N20ltd?
B53RICH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about the new signs as well. I just thinking about this a few days ago, I haven't seen any yet. I wasn't aware of the N94 route adjustment, no longer looping and running south along South Oyster Bay Road. I can take a drive along Woodbury to see if any new signs were installed either later today or another day soon. I have seen the curbs painted yellow at the bus stops along the usual Woodbury Road east route.
B53RICH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to the N94 bus stop question, the same old bus stop signs are used. Perhaps the signs on the discontinued section were taken and placed on the rerouted section.
By the way, I find it interesting that bus rerouting and painting of bus stop curbs occur on a bus route that's potentially on the chopping block.
scatman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: bus stop signs on route thats on chopping block Reply with quote

AINT NOTHING ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK!!!!!!!!
WE GO THROUGH THIS BULL EVERY FEW YEARS - THIS TIME EVERY YEAR NOW - SOMEONE ALWAYS FINDS A NEW WAY TO SAVE THE DAY AND THE CUTS NEVER GO THROUGH
RailBus63

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is different - I cannot remember a time in my life where government entities at every level are facing a financial crisis at the same time. We are going to have an uphill battle fighting for public transportation at the same time that schools and social services are also facing widespread cuts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: