BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Locations of Bus garages in Suffolk County?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
Hart Bus wrote:
I am not sure of the exact date that 502 was pulled from service. It was listed on E-bay (with no takers) on May 31, 2007. So it was prior to that she stopped running but how and when Town of Huntington disposed of the bus is unknown

the caption of the pic said May 30, 2007 or it may have been the 31st.

not to be mean, but in the pic's that i saw (idk if they were the same used on Ebay) the bus was all dirty, so if they used the same pics it is no wonder why nobody put an offer on it.

The reason nobdy went after either bus, was that they were stripped of all usable parts and were being sold as "shells" for nothing more than scrap metal value
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
Hart Bus wrote:
I am not sure of the exact date that 502 was pulled from service. It was listed on E-bay (with no takers) on May 31, 2007. So it was prior to that she stopped running but how and when Town of Huntington disposed of the bus is unknown

the caption of the pic said May 30, 2007 or it may have been the 31st.

not to be mean, but in the pic's that i saw (idk if they were the same used on Ebay) the bus was all dirty, so if they used the same pics it is no wonder why nobody put an offer on it.

The reason nobdy went after either bus, was that they were stripped of all usable parts and were being sold as "shells" for nothing more than scrap metal value

oh, i did not know that.

i wonder whose idea hat was, i would have had better scene then to try and see a shell of a bus on EBAY.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this was a first attempt by HART BUS (not me) to sell on E-bay and hope that they'd get a few $$$$ more than from a scrap dealer, perhaps from someone looking for a storage shed. With no bids, that idea didn't work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: