BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!
 
 BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vintage Suffolk County Coach Buses
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1562
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Vintage Suffolk County Coach Buses Reply with quote

As of 7/8/11

On the advice of HARTBus who thought it would be better to have the vintage Coach Buses on a separate list from the vintage transit bus list. Which come to think about it is a good idea)

(Active Bus Companies on top, Disbanded Companies on bottom)



Inter County Motor Coach

1958 GM PD-4104: 120 (Sent to Lincoln Transit NJ)
1958 GM PD-4104: xxxx

1972 GM P8M-4905A: 290
1973 GM P8M-4905A: 434
1974 GM P8M-4905A: 330-332 (#330-331 came two buses before #332)
1975 GM P8M-4905A: 1776
1975 GM P8M-4905A: 1776B
1976 GM P8M-4905A: 446
1977 GM P8M-4905A: 445-444
1979 MCI-9: 602 (Sent to Oak Tree Bus Service as #77)
19xx -------: 615




Hampton Jitney Bus

1993 Prevost H3-40: 47
1994 Prevost H3-40: 50
19xx Prevost H3-45: 63
xxxx MCI F3500: 88
xxxx Prevost LeMirage XL-II: 90
xxxx Prevost H-Series: 110



Sunrise Coaches Inc.

1964 GM PD-4106: 103
1981 Prevost LM-103: 300-301 (Both came in May of 1981?, but #300 was built before #301)





In Active Bus Companies

Coram Bus Service

1974 GM P8M-4905A: 118
1975 GM P8M-4905A: 125
1976 GM P8M-4905A: 127
1977 GM P8M-4905A: 128



Harran Transportation

1979 MCI-9: 511-512
1980 MCI-9: 515-518,528-531 (#515-516 came first, then #517, then #518, then followed by #528-531)
1981 MCI-9: 519,565
1983 MCI-9: 569
1989 Eagle Model 15: 600-601
1998 Prevost H3-45: 815
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The TransitMan



Age: 39
Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 211
Location: Long Island, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you putting together a fleet roster for the Hampton Jitney? If so, I have some info BASED on my observations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1562
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:
Are you putting together a fleet roster for the Hampton Jitney? If so, I have some info BASED on my observations.


If you have any Info about Hampton Jitney I'd be happy to add it, I'm looking for more vintage, but I'll take anything you got.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hart Bus



Age: 67
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 1103

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This information comes from an article in the Sept 1996 edition of National Bus Trader about Harran. While the article was more about the history of the company, here are some figures to update your list.

1 - Two Prevosts labeled "Flagship One and Flagship Two", whose livery was
in red, white and blue. Without a magnifying glass, the fleet number on the one pictured appears to be either 604 or 804.


2 - 35 foot MCI 5C - Single rear axle in NY Airbus livery (red hockey stick). Number can't be distinguished.

3 - Eagle #523 in the old blue green livery.

When I have more time, I will look at my pictures taken at the yard in 2006 shortly after the shutdown. I know that there was an MCI-9 that ended up at a church on Straight Path, Wyandanch, NY. It was in the 500 series.

Also there is the 1954 Flx that is now at the MOBT. Don't think it ever ran for Harran, but rather was a restoration job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The TransitMan



Age: 39
Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 211
Location: Long Island, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
The TransitMan wrote:
Are you putting together a fleet roster for the Hampton Jitney? If so, I have some info BASED on my observations.


If you have any Info about Hampton Jitney I'd be happy to add it, I'm looking for more vintage, but I'll take anything you got.



Current Roster:

Prevost Model LE MIRAGE #92-95 (Ex-Sunrise Coach)
Prevost Model H3-41 #47, 50-51, 55
Prevost Model H3-45 #56, 60, 62-65, 71, 73, 75, 77, 85, 87, 96, 104 (GOLD scheme), 110-111, 120-??? (I will look those numbers up again)
Prevost Model X3-45 #80, 84, 86, 89-90, 101-102, 112, 118-122
(#112 and #118-122 are in the Ambassador Scheme...and yes there are more for that service.)

This is all I have for now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1562
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
This information comes from an article in the Sept 1996 edition of National Bus Trader about Harran. While the article was more about the history of the company, here are some figures to update your list.

1 - Two Prevosts labeled "Flagship One and Flagship Two", whose livery was
in red, white and blue. Without a magnifying glass, the fleet number on the one pictured appears to be either 604 or 804.


2 - 35 foot MCI 5C - Single rear axle in NY Airbus livery (red hockey stick). Number can't be distinguished.

3 - Eagle #523 in the old blue green livery.

When I have more time, I will look at my pictures taken at the yard in 2006 shortly after the shutdown. I know that there was an MCI-9 that ended up at a church on Straight Path, Wyandanch, NY. It was in the 500 series.

Also there is the 1954 Flx that is now at the MOBT. Don't think it ever ran for Harran, but rather was a restoration job.


Thanks Hart Bus for your Info. I believe I have that MCI that went to the church in Wyandanch already listed, however I'm not 100% sure.

What was the 1954 Flx suppose to have been a Transit bus?


Last edited by S-60 To Smith Haven Mall on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1562
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of 7/12/11

Thanks to Hart Bus and The TransitMan for their Info

(Active Bus Companies on top, Disbanded Companies on bottom)



Inter County Motor Coach

1958 GM PD-4104: 120 (Sent to Lincoln Transit NJ)
1958 GM PD-4104: xxxx
1972 GM P8M-4905A: 290
1973 GM P8M-4905A: 434
1974 GM P8M-4905A: 330-332 (#330-331 came two buses before #332)
1975 GM P8M-4905A: 1776
1975 GM P8M-4905A: 1776B
1976 GM P8M-4905A: 446
1977 GM P8M-4905A: 445-444
1979 MCI-9: 602 (Sent to Oak Tree Bus Service as #77)
19xx -------: 615



Hampton Jitney Bus

1993 Prevost H3-40: 47
1994 Prevost H3-40: 50
19xx Prevost H3-45: 63
xxxx Prevost Model LE MIRAGE: 92-95 (Ex-Sunrise Coach)
xxxx MCI F3500: 88
xxxx Prevost LeMirage XL-II: 90
xxxx Prevost H-Series: 110
xxxx Prevost Model H3-41 #47, 50-51, 55
xxxx Prevost Model X3-45 #80,84,86,89-90, 101-102,112,118-122 (#112 and #118-122 are in the Ambassador Scheme...and yes there are more for that service.)
xxxx Prevost Model H3-45 #56,60,62-65,71,73,75,77,85,87,96,104, 110-111,120-??? (#104 is in a Gold Paint Scheme)


Sunrise Coaches Inc.

1964 GM PD-4106: 103
1981 Prevost LM-103: 300-301 (Both came in May of 1981?, but #300 was built before #301)
xxxx Prevost Model LE MIRAGE: 92-95 (Went to Hampton Jitney)




In Active Bus Companies

Coram Bus Service

1974 GM P8M-4905A: 118
1975 GM P8M-4905A: 125
1976 GM P8M-4905A: 127
1977 GM P8M-4905A: 128


Harran Transportation

xxxx MCI-5C: ????
1979 MCI-9: 511-512
1980 MCI-9: 515-518,528-531 (#515-516 came first, then #517, then #518, then followed by #528-531, 515 went to Private Transportation)
1981 MCI-9: 519,565 (#565 is now a bus for a church in Wyananch)
1983 MCI-9: 569
1989 Eagle Model 15: 600-601,605
xxxx Eagel Model 10: 536
xxxx Eagle Model xx: 523
xxxx MCI 96A2: 607

1998 Prevost H3-45: 815
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
roymanning2000



Age: 69
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 187

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Harran Flxible was a Visicoach. I believe it was previously owned by Glacier Park Transportation or some other sightseeing outfit out West. The paint scheme was that of the former owner.

Roy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hart Bus



Age: 67
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 1103

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roymanning2000 wrote:
The Harran Flxible was a Visicoach. I believe it was previously owned by Glacier Park Transportation or some other sightseeing outfit out West. The paint scheme was that of the former owner.

Roy


No the Flx was painted into the Harran Red livery with gold lettering. I think it was a Clipper and not a Visicoach. I will sent pictures of the bus both here o LI and at the MOBT to Mr. L so that he can post them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Hart Bus



Age: 67
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 1103

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additions to the Harran List:

1 - Prevost, year unknown, in a space shuttle livery. Fleet 2001

2 - MCI-9 # 553 a 1981 model - given (sold) to Salvation and Deliverance of
Wyandanch. I haven't seen the bus for a while. May have been sold.

3 - Two other MCI's not listed 519 and 569.

4 - Suburban Fishbowl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1562
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
roymanning2000 wrote:
The Harran Flxible was a Visicoach. I believe it was previously owned by Glacier Park Transportation or some other sightseeing outfit out West. The paint scheme was that of the former owner.

Roy


No the Flx was painted into the Harran Red livery with gold lettering. I think it was a Clipper and not a Visicoach. I will sent pictures of the bus both here o LI and at the MOBT to Mr. L so that he can post them.


Isn't there a picture of it that MOBT took where they list it as being a Visicoach? I guess that bus has a identity crisis since everyone says it the other LOL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1562
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
Additions to the Harran List:

1 - Prevost, year unknown, in a space shuttle livery. Fleet 2001

2 - MCI-9 # 553 a 1981 model - given (sold) to Salvation and Deliverance of
Wyandanch. I haven't seen the bus for a while. May have been sold.

3 - Two other MCI's not listed 519 and 569.

4 - Suburban Fishbowl.


# 519 and 596 are listed, # 519 I have as a 1981 MCI- 9, and # 569 I have listed as a 1983 MCI - 9.

The bus that was sold to the church in Wyandanch was numbered 553, I thought it was numbered 565.

The Suburban Fishbowl I believe is listed on the Vintage Suffolk County roster for Harran.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1562
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of 7/14/11

Thanks to Hart Bus and Jimbo for their Info

*Some buses may not fit the word Vintage due to their age, let me know if they should be removed from the list, also I believe a age should be selected to designate a bus as vintage*

(Active Bus Companies on top, Disbanded Companies on bottom)



Inter County Motor Coach

1958 GM PD-4104: 120 (Sent to Lincoln Transit NJ)
1958 GM PD-4104: xxxx
1972 GM P8M-4905A: 290
1973 GM P8M-4905A: 434
1974 GM P8M-4905A: 330-332 (#330-331 came two buses before #332)
1975 GM P8M-4905A: 1776
1975 GM P8M-4905A: 1776B
1976 GM P8M-4905A: 446
1977 GM P8M-4905A: 445-444
1979 MCI-9: 602 (Sent to Oak Tree Bus Service as #77)
19xx -------: 615



Hampton Jitney Bus

1993 Prevost H3-40: 47
1994 Prevost H3-40: 50
19xx Prevost H3-45: 63
1997 Prevost LeMirage XL: 92 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
1998 Prevost LeMirage XL: 93-94 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
1999 Prevost LeMirage XL: 95 (Ex-Sunrise Coach)
2000 Prevost H3-45: 96-97 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
2001 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 98-99 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
2002 GCA Freightliner: 100 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
2002 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 101 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
2003 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 102 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
2004 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 103 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
2004 Prevost H3-45: 104 (Ex Sunrise Coach, is in a Gold Paint Scheme)
2005 Prevost H3-45: 105 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
2006 Prevost Le Mirage XL II: 106 (Ex Sunrise Coach)

xxxx MCI F3500: 88
xxxx Prevost LeMirage XL-II: 90
xxxx Prevost H-Series: 110
xxxx Prevost Model H3-41 #47, 50-51, 55
xxxx Prevost Model X3-45 #80,84,86,89-90,112,118-122 (#112 and #118-122 are in the Ambassador Scheme...and yes there are more for that service.)
xxxx Prevost Model H3-45 #56,60,62-65,71,73,75,77,85,87, 110-111,120-???

Sunrise Coaches Inc.

1954 GM PD-4104: 45 (Ex Monumental Tours of Baltimore, MD. Unknown number when run at Monumental Tours)
1964 GM PD-4106: 103
1981 Prevost LM-103: 300-301 (Both came in May of 1981?, but #300 was built before #301)
1997 Prevost LeMirage XL: 329 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 92)
1998 Prevost LeMirage XL: 331-332 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 93-94)
1999 Prevost LeMirage XL: 334 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 95)
2000 Prevost H3-45: 336-337 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 96-97)
2001 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 338-339 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 98-99)
2002 GCA Freightliner: 403 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 100)
2002 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 340 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 101)
2003 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 341 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 102)
2004 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 342 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 103)
2004 Prevost H3-45: 343 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 104, Has Gold and Blue Lettering)
2005 Prevost H3-45: 344 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 105)
2006 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 345 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 106)





In Active Bus Companies

Coram Bus Service

1974 GM P8M-4905A: 118
1975 GM P8M-4905A: 125
1976 GM P8M-4905A: 127
1977 GM P8M-4905A: 128


Harran Transportation

xxxx MCI-5C: ????
1979 MCI-9: 511-512
1980 MCI-9: 515-518,528-531 (#515-516 came first, then #517, then #518, then followed by #528-531, 515 went to Private Transportation)
1981 MCI-9: 519,553,565 (#565 is now a bus for a church in Wyananch)
1983 MCI-9: 569
1989 Eagle Model 15: 600-601,605
xxxx Eagel Model 10: 536
xxxx Eagle Model xx: 523
xxxx MCI 96A2: 607
1998 Prevost H3-45: 815
xxxx Prevost xx-xx: xxx (Space Shuttle Paint scheme)


Last edited by S-60 To Smith Haven Mall on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
roymanning2000



Age: 69
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 187

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops! I should have looked at some photos of the Harran Flx before I fired off that earlier post. It was indeed repainted although the Harran scheme is very close to that of Glacier Park. Being a 1954 model, it is a Visicoach, though. The last Clippers were built in 1950.

The Pacific Bus Museum has a former Glacier Park Flxible that I swore was a former roster mate of the Harran bus. But now I don't recall why I thought that. Maybe I was right. Maybe I was wrong and had a brain fart. Anybody know the serial number?

Here's a link to the PBM's Flxible.

http://www.pacbus.org/roster/pbm77.html

Roy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The TransitMan



Age: 39
Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 211
Location: Long Island, NY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
As of 7/14/11

Thanks to Hart Bus and Jimbo for their Info

*Some buses may not fit the word Vintage due to their age, let me know if they should be removed from the list, also I believe a age should be selected to designate a bus as vintage*

(Active Bus Companies on top, Disbanded Companies on bottom)



Inter County Motor Coach

1958 GM PD-4104: 120 (Sent to Lincoln Transit NJ)
1958 GM PD-4104: xxxx
1972 GM P8M-4905A: 290
1973 GM P8M-4905A: 434
1974 GM P8M-4905A: 330-332 (#330-331 came two buses before #332)
1975 GM P8M-4905A: 1776
1975 GM P8M-4905A: 1776B
1976 GM P8M-4905A: 446
1977 GM P8M-4905A: 445-444
1979 MCI-9: 602 (Sent to Oak Tree Bus Service as #77)
19xx -------: 615



Hampton Jitney Bus

1993 Prevost H3-40: 47
1994 Prevost H3-40: 50
19xx Prevost H3-45: 63
1997 Prevost LeMirage XL: 92 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
1998 Prevost LeMirage XL: 93-94 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
1999 Prevost LeMirage XL: 95 (Ex-Sunrise Coach)
2000 Prevost H3-45: 96-97 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
2001 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 98-99 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
2002 GCA Freightliner: 100 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
2002 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 101 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
2003 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 102 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
2004 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 103 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
2004 Prevost H3-45: 104 (Ex Sunrise Coach, is in a Gold Paint Scheme)
2005 Prevost H3-45: 105 (Ex Sunrise Coach)
2006 Prevost Le Mirage XL II: 106 (Ex Sunrise Coach)

xxxx MCI F3500: 88
xxxx Prevost LeMirage XL-II: 90
xxxx Prevost H-Series: 110
xxxx Prevost Model H3-41 #47, 50-51, 55
xxxx Prevost Model X3-45 #80,84,86,89-90,112,118-122 (#112 and #118-122 are in the Ambassador Scheme...and yes there are more for that service.)
xxxx Prevost Model H3-45 #56,60,62-65,71,73,75,77,85,87, 110-111,120-???

Sunrise Coaches Inc.

1964 GM PD-4106: 103
1981 Prevost LM-103: 300-301 (Both came in May of 1981?, but #300 was built before #301)
1997 Prevost LeMirage XL: 329 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 92)
1998 Prevost LeMirage XL: 331-332 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 93-94)
1999 Prevost LeMirage XL: 334 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 95)
2000 Prevost H3-45: 336-337 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 96-97)
2001 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 338-339 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 98-99)
2002 GCA Freightliner: 403 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 100)
2002 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 340 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 101)
2003 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 341 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 102)
2004 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 342 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 103)
2004 Prevost H3-45: 343 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 104, Has Gold and Blue Lettering)
2005 Prevost H3-45: 344 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 105)
2006 Prevost LeMirage XL II: 345 (Went to Hampton Jitney # 106)





In Active Bus Companies

Coram Bus Service

1974 GM P8M-4905A: 118
1975 GM P8M-4905A: 125
1976 GM P8M-4905A: 127
1977 GM P8M-4905A: 128


Harran Transportation

xxxx MCI-5C: ????
1979 MCI-9: 511-512
1980 MCI-9: 515-518,528-531 (#515-516 came first, then #517, then #518, then followed by #528-531, 515 went to Private Transportation)
1981 MCI-9: 519,553,565 (#565 is now a bus for a church in Wyananch)
1983 MCI-9: 569
1989 Eagle Model 15: 600-601,605
xxxx Eagel Model 10: 536
xxxx Eagle Model xx: 523
xxxx MCI 96A2: 607
1998 Prevost H3-45: 815
xxxx Prevost xx-xx: xxx (Space Shuttle Paint scheme)


For Hampton Jitney, add Prevost X3-45 #98 to the roster. Wait a minute? That's a "Le Mirage"? Looks like an X3-45 to me. Also, how did you get those years of the Prevost? I've been trying to figure that out for a while. Oh wait...I see "JIMBO's" name up there. Nice catch Jimbo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group