BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photos: Focusing on Suffolk Transit!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Photos: Focusing on Suffolk Transit! Reply with quote

Not sure if Photos are to go into this thread BUT I'll only post the best!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

...and a bouns!

Photobucket

Enjoy!!!
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Orion VII was that next to 5028, that is one cool Ad it has.

Also I've seen 1024 on the 3D back in December, and I've Actually seen 1047 on the S54.

Also was it raining when you took the Picture of 5014?

Very good Pictures by the way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ST9909

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bus next to 5026 and 5028 is 1056...only bus with that advertisement
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that Suffolk opted for the new style NY license plates - I'm wondering if that was by choice or it was forced upon them by DMV?

Great photos!

Regards,

Mr. 'L'
B53RICH

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, that's what I had seen a few days ago, 1056 with the rear ad (for an ad). I had seen that from a distance with some trees blocking but I was certain it was an Orion NG with a yellow rear.
Haven't seen 9913 since the NG's arrived.
Great photos, thanks for posting, Ray.
BTW, I could see the reflections of two fishbowls in photo six. Was there a fan trip?
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B53RICH wrote:
So, that's what I had seen a few days ago, 1056 with the rear ad (for an ad). I had seen that from a distance with some trees blocking but I was certain it was an Orion NG with a yellow rear.
BTW, I could see the reflections of two fishbowls in photo six. Was there a fan trip?

Wow, I didn't even see those reflections when I first looked at those pictures, also I didn't notice that 5014 didn't have a bike rack the first time I looked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jimbo

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The choice of license plates, old style white or new orange, was NYS DMV. The Suffolk Co. Dept. of Public Works, Suffolk Transit, registered all the new Orion VII's. It appears NYS DMV gave them whatever plates were available.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo wrote:
The choice of license plates, old style white or new orange, was NYS DMV. The Suffolk Co. Dept. of Public Works, Suffolk Transit, registered all the new Orion VII's. It appears NYS DMV gave them whatever plates were available.

I didn't even notice that 1047 had the new plates, I always thought that it seemed that all the 35ft buses that arrived after 1050 had gotten the new plates. My reasoning for that was that they ran out of old plates.
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
What Orion VII was that next to 5028, that is one cool Ad it has.

Also I've seen 1024 on the 3D back in December, and I've Actually seen 1047 on the S54.

Also was it raining when you took the Picture of 5014?

Very good Pictures by the way.

Thanks and yes it was raining...lightly when I took that photo!
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B53RICH wrote:

Yes, there was a fan trip. Thanks for the compliments!
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2 fishbowls joined the entourage at Suffolk Bus and followed us to ICMC in Babylon, then went home. The trip that Transitman and I were on was organized by the Metropolitan NY Bus Association. Our chariot was an MCI from Coach Tours out of Brookfield CT, although it carried NY plates (blue/white).

The question that I have is who keeps the revenue from the wraps. Is it the county or the operator or a shared formula ?
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
The 2 fishbowls joined the entourage at Suffolk Bus and followed us to ICMC in Babylon, then went home. The trip that Transitman and I were on was organized by the Metropolitan NY Bus Association. Our chariot was an MCI from Coach Tours out of Brookfield CT, although it carried NY plates (blue/white).

The question that I have is who keeps the revenue from the wraps. Is it the county or the operator or a shared formula ?

Any reason the two fishbowls joined at Suffolk Bus Corp and then left after ICMC?

Also is that a school bus parked next to 1049? (I just noticed that as well)
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:

Any reason the two fishbowls joined at Suffolk Bus Corp and then left after ICMC?

I can't be too specific other than to say the two fishbowls are owned by the same person and are stored somewhere in Eastern LI. The owner got two people to drive the buses and took them out for a jaunt. Not part of the MNYBA plans but a nice surprise.

That was a school bus next to 1049. ICMC has had an affiliated school bus company by the name of John Bosch & Co for a long time. Never seemed to be a big player in the school bus ops on LI, like Huntington Coach and Suffolk Bus.
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:

Where do you see a school buses in my picture of #1049? IIRC, that's someone standing next to the bus wearing a yellow shirt.
Jimbo

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The question that I have is who keeps the revenue from the wraps. Is it the county or the operator or a shared formula ?"

I believe the county gets any revenue from the ads. (The buses are theirs!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: