BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VIDEO: Buses catch fire at a Ronkonkoma Repair shop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: VIDEO: Buses catch fire at a Ronkonkoma Repair shop Reply with quote

Actually, this was at Pond Rd Bus Depot (Suffolk Transportation). As you can see in the video, a Suffolk Transit Orion 05.503 was also destroyed.

"Two school buses and three tranist buses were destroyed."

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/long_island&id=8096194

Not good. I will find out which buses were destroyed. I hope it wasn't an Orion 07.502.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it happen at 3025 Veterans Hwy which is Atlantic Detroit Diesel-Allison, according to Newsday.

If it happen at Suffolk Bus Corp's yard (One yard in Ronkonkoma uses that name not Suffolk Transportation's) is located on Pond Road not Vet's.

Oddly enough if it Happen at ADD, then i would look at 9940, as it hasn't been seen for awhile.

the Orion VII NG's that Suffolk has don't have DD engines and I don't think they have Allison transmissions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: From Lakeland Fire Department Reply with quote

LOC: To the rear of Atlantic Detroit Diesel, Vets hwy and 5th Ave (2060 5th Ave)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
frankie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the video or did I miss something.

Frankie
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankie wrote:
I can't find the video or did I miss something.

Frankie

Apparently for what ever reason WABC failed to put the video with the article.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four buses burned, one Suffolk Transit Bus and three school buses according to a Firefighter that was there.

From the pictures I've seen the bus seems to have been an 50xx Gillig Phantom, 5011 was sent to ADD from Suffolk Bus Corp some time prior to the day of the fire, But I Stress that the bus number of the burned bus could not be seen in the photos I saw so I have no idea if 5011 is in fact the bus involved.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen the video on News12, clearly you know 3 buses were school buses. Funny how it started out as 3 transit buses. That 50XX Gillig caught in the mess looks crispy enough to call it a total loss.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL Rebel wrote:
Seen the video on News12, clearly you know 3 buses were school buses. Funny how it started out as 3 transit buses. That 50XX Gillig caught in the mess looks crispy enough to call it a total loss.

Yeah, It also takes away a spare bus from what ever company that sent it there.

If that 50xx bus was indeed from Suffolk Bus Corp, i bet Suffolk County is wishing they had spent the money to get 5014 repaired after its accident.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: