BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suffolk Transit's OLD routes? And those Flyer D901As....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICMC 1982 Flyer D901A

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Suffolk Transit's OLD routes? And those Flyer D901As.... Reply with quote

Does anyone know as many of the old routes of ALL of Suffolk county's buses before and after the creation of Suffolk Transit?

Also, does anyone know when and where did ST's batch of Flyer D901As went to other than Inter County Motor Coach?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RailBus63

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Suffolk Transit's OLD routes? And those Flyer D901As.... Reply with quote

ICMC 1982 Flyer D901A wrote:
Also, does anyone know when and where did ST's batch of Flyer D901As went to other than Inter County Motor Coach?

Here is what appears in the Flyer delivery list in the October 1984 issue of Motor Coach Age (all show as model D10235C, delivered August 1981):

S/N 2178-2184 - Suffolk Bus Corp. 800-802, 804, 805, 803, 806
S/N 2185-2187 - Babylon Transit, Inc. 555, 557, 556
S/N 2188 - Lindenhurst Bus Co. 554
S/N 2189-2192 - Inter County Motor Coach 553, 552, 551, 550
S/N 2193-2195 - Alert Coach Lines 109-111
S/N 2196 - The Blue Line 112
S/N 2197-2199 - Coram Bus Service 113-115
S/N 2200 - Louis A. Fuoco 108
S/N 2201-2202 - Sunrise Coach Lines 119-120

The article also includes a photo of Alert Coach #111 in Patchogue.

Jim
ICMC 1982 Flyer D901A

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....

Umm....what routes did Alert Coach Lines, Louis A. Fuoco and The Blue Line serve, if you know?

And I'm surprised only a small batch was ordered....when did the last Flyer D10235C (D901) retire from ALL of Suffolk County?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alert Coach ran a part of the current S-1 from Amityville to Walt Whitman Mall - Huntington Coach ran the north half of the route from WW Mall to Halesite.

They also ran a route on Rte 112.

Louis Fuocco ran on Montauk Highway from Patchogue to Babylon.

Never heard of the Blue Line.
hound

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Former operators Reply with quote

Louis A. Fuoco ran from Patchogue to Center Moriches, not Babylon(today's S66). The Blue Line ran from Center Moriches to Riverhead via Westhampton Beach(today's S90).
ICMC 1982 Flyer D901A

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Former operators Reply with quote

hound wrote:
Louis A. Fuoco ran from Patchogue to Center Moriches, not Babylon(today's S66). The Blue Line ran from Center Moriches to Riverhead via Westhampton Beach(today's S90).

WOW!

I wonder if service improved since HJ took over the S90 form Blue Line....probably by ONE BUS?!?!?!??? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Pineywoodsbus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Former operators Reply with quote

hound wrote:

WOW!

I wonder if service improved since HJ took over the S90 form Blue Line....probably by ONE BUS?!?!?!??? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

They still use only one bus to run the entire line. The bus is stored in a yard in Eastport I believe.
I cant say if things have improved since HJ took over, but I can tell you there was one day this winter they had to scrap the 1st runs of the day because the one bus they have in the yard wouldn't start.
HJ apparently didn't get another bus for that run. 1st bus out of Riverhead that day was the 12pm. An S90 driver told me this
Not too crazy on the east end companies. I'd rather CBS or Suffolk Bus get those east end routes. HJ is too focused on their luxury coach bus business to care much about its transit ops.
trains21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought only ttc had d40-88/89's
The Don of All Buses

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is old but I dont want to start a new thread for one question. Who or what is Louis A. Fuoco?
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Don of All Buses wrote:
I know this thread is old but I dont want to start a new thread for one question. Who or what is Louis A. Fuoco?

After doing a quick search it turns out that there were 2 Louis A, Fuoco's

One wa Louis Sr. and the other Louis Jr.

From the attached link to a SUNY -Stony Brook, Juinior was quite a mover and shaker in the village of Patchogue. He was partnered with his father in the bus company referred to in this thread.

http://www.stonybrook.edu/libspecial/collections/manuscripts/fuoco.shtml

All I could find on for Louis Sr., is that he is now deceased was was a member of the Hagerman Volunteer Fire Dept, that services an area near Patchogue. There is also a Republican Club named after him.

Also discovered that the company was located at 645 South Country Road
East Patchouge NY 1172 as late as 1987.
The Don of All Buses

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, ok. how many buses did he have? and what route(s) did he serve?
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is now the S66 and the S61 i think
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Former operators Reply with quote

hound wrote:
Louis A. Fuoco ran from Patchogue to Center Moriches, not Babylon(today's S66).

I know this is old but I just read a PETITION that Louis A. Fuoco filed November 2, 1981, with the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance that stated they brought 5 mini-buses for use in their contract with Suffolk County for Feeder routes. So Louis A. Fuoco at one time ran more routes then just the S66
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Former operators Reply with quote

Pineywoodsbus wrote:
hound wrote:

WOW!

They still use only one bus to run the entire line. The bus is stored in a yard in Eastport I believe.
I cant say if things have improved since HJ took over, but I can tell you there was one day this winter they had to scrap the 1st runs of the day because the one bus they have in the yard wouldn't start.
HJ apparently didn't get another bus for that run. 1st bus out of Riverhead that day was the 12pm. An S90 driver told me this
Not too crazy on the east end companies. I'd rather CBS or Suffolk Bus get those east end routes. HJ is too focused on their luxury coach bus business to care much about its transit ops.

The S90 comes out of Hampton Jitney today. It USE to be stored at Adelwerth Bus Corporation in Eastport until about 2005 I think.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Former operators Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:

The S90 comes out of Hampton Jitney today. It USE to be stored at Adelwerth Bus Corporation in Eastport until about 2005 I think.

So the S90 was still run out of the Adelwerth Bus Corporation, even after Hampton Jitney took over the route. I wonder why they kept the route there or did Hampton Jitney get control of the route in 2005?

Odd thing is that I have yet to find anything on The Blue Line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: