BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So far, not so good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pineywoodsbus

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: So far, not so good Reply with quote

At least with the start of the warm weather at LI Bus. Alot of buses don't have a/c. Yesterday the two buses I had (both N22's) had no a/c, one was blowing hot air. And one of the buses was the newer 400s, but according to the driver, they don't have enough mechanics to "recharge" the a/c's unit.
Today there was more joy, the upper 100 series N22 I got on had weak a/c and a burning smell, with the buzzer going off. Limped it's way to Hicksville.
The bus I had going back had a/c and no mechanical issues, but was 30 minutes late.
Do I have bad luck or what?
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: So far, not so good Reply with quote

Pineywoodsbus wrote:
At least with the start of the warm weather at LI Bus. Alot of buses don't have a/c. Yesterday the two buses I had (both N22's) had no a/c, one was blowing hot air. And one of the buses was the newer 400s, but according to the driver, they don't have enough mechanics to "recharge" the a/c's unit.
Today there was more joy, the upper 100 series N22 I got on had weak a/c and a burning smell, with the buzzer going off. Limped it's way to Hicksville.
The bus I had going back had a/c and no mechanical issues, but was 30 minutes late.
Do I have bad luck or what?

Pineywoodbus,

First off, welcome to BT3 - good to see more Long Island representation aboard!

If LIB doesn't have the A/C units ready to roll now, when do they expect to do so?

Maybe the suggestion that the MTA takeover LIB isn't so far fethched after all!

I get the distinct impression that LIB isn't exactly the do all end all in transit management.

Perhaps, mass rider complaints might light a fire under them!

Good luck, and welcome again.

Mr. Linsky
"The Green Hornet"
ICMC 1982 Flyer D901A

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least I know when I rode #115 last week, the A/C was working like a baby....FREEZING!

Why does that particular bus run more often than its ZF-Ecomat partners? It got an Allison B400R Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: